Subscriptions and magazine orders
Q. Subscription processing - how long will it take?
Subscriptions are usually processed within 2 days. (Variation may occur due to unforeseen staff shortages.)
Q. When will I receive my first magazine?
Subscriptions will start with the next edition of the bi-monthly magazine – this means that your first edition may take up to eight weeks to arrive. If you have ordered a single issue, we aim to send out all orders within ten working days of receipt of order if possible. If the order is particularly urgent then please notify us at time of ordering and we will do our best to get it to you on time.
Q. Will I receive a subscriber gift?
Subscriber gifts are available on occasion and at the discretion of Green Parent Media. When purchasing your subscription please use the code provided in the magazine to secure your subscriber gift. If the gift that is advertised is not available, every effort will be made to provide a product of same/similar value. If no such gift is available this does not entitle the customer to a refund.
Q. How can I cancel my subscription?
Contact our sales team on [email protected] with your full customer details and inform us that you would like to cancel the subscription. Your subscription will be terminated but no funds will be returned. All purchases are final, and we do not offer any refunds unless otherwise specified.
Q. I have a recurring subscription to The Green Parent through paypal. How can I find out about my next payment?
When you sign up for a recurring subscription through paypal, you are agreeing to an automatic payment for your subscription every six months. Please note that you are in control of this payment thought your personal paypal account. Green Parent Media cannot alter or cancel this payment for you.
Q. How can I cancel my paypal recurring subscription?
We cannot cancel this subscription for you - the cancellation needs to be done through your personal PayPal account. Please complete these steps two days in advance of your next payment date to ensure there is time to process the cancellation.
Please follow these steps:
- Login to PayPal using the account that you paid with.
- Click ‘Tools’ at the top of the page.
- Click ‘Recurring Payments’.
- Go to ‘My Pre-Approved Payments’ page.
- Cancel your payment to the Green Parent.
If an item is not in stock we will notify you and you have the option of a) choosing an alternative or b) having a full refund. The refund will include any postage charged for that item or items.
If an item is faulty or an error is made on our part then you will be given the choice of a) a full refund or b) a replacement of the goods. Please notify us within 7 days of receipt of the order, otherwise no compensation can be guaranteed. Postage costs will be refunded.
In certain cases, customers can obtain a refund (see above). Funds will be reimbursed to the card or paypal account used in the transaction
Guarantee - what are the terms?
We guarantee that all items are sent in good condition. If they arrive in less than good condition they must be returned to us within 7 days of receipt for replacement or full refund.
Price and availability:
Goods are offered subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. We also reserve the right to vary prices up or down without notice.
Credit Card Security:
The Green Parent online shop uses the highly secure WorldPay payment system to protect your credit card number should you use this option to pay. The transfer of the purchase details from our site to WorldPay are encapsulated using encrypted and digitally-signed protocol to ensure that the information passed is secure and tamper-proof.
Did you know?
The risk of credit card fraud is 100 times greater when you hand your card to the waiter in a restaurant than when you shop on the Internet! Modern day encryption technology, used by many Internet stores similar to us, virtually eliminates credit card fraud on the Internet.
Books and magazines have no VAT charged on them. Overseas customers may have to pay import taxes on receipt of the goods - this will depend on the country concerned.
Green Parent Media are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please email us at [email protected] or call us on +44(0)1825 872858. This number is charged at standard rates and is manned Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Competitions are only open to UK residents who are readers of The Green Parent, The Green Parent Newsletter and/or visitors to The Green Parent Website.
- On completing and submitting your entry, you will automatically be entered into the competition.
- The competition is not open to employees of The Green Parent or participating companies.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- The prize (s) described are available at the date of publication. Events may occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of The Green Parent or participating companies. In this event The Green Parent or participating companies may at their discretion vary or amend the promotion and the reader agrees that no liability shall be attached to The Green Parent or participating companies as a result thereof.
- Proof of emailing will not be accepted as proof of delivery and no responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or for any technical failure or for any event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- In order to determine an outright winner or winners to a competition, the Editor or participating company reserves the right to request entrants to take part in an eliminating contest (or ‘tie breaker’). Where for any reason there are more winners than prizes on offer, the Editor reserves the right to conduct a simple draw to determine the winner or winners of the prizes.
- Unless otherwise stated, entry to all competitions is restricted to entrants of 18 years of age or over.
- Names of winners will be available on receipt of a request enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope to the participating company.
- If the winner of a competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason, the participating company reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- The participating company’s decision is final and it is a condition of entry to any competition that the entrant agrees to be bound by these rules whether they be published or not, and that the decisions of The Green Parent or participating companies on any matter whatsoever arising out of or connected with the competition are final.
- No purchase of the magazine is necessary.
- Please indicate on your entry if you do not want to receive information from the participating company or their selected partners.
The opinions expressed in this website, on the Green Pages and forums are not to be considered those of the publisher, who accepts no liability of any nature arising out of or in connection with the contents of this website.
This Disclaimer sets out important information about www.thegreenparent.co.uk. Please read it carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree with the Disclaimer, please do not use the Website. If you have any questions about this Disclaimer, please contact us at [email protected] or phone 01825 872 858.
Use of Website
1. This Website is provided to you for your personal use subject to this Disclaimer. By using the Website you agree to be bound by this Disclaimer.
2. We may update this Disclaimer from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of the Website. Any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Website. The changes will apply to the use of the Website after we have given you notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Disclaimer you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Disclaimer.
The content of the Website is protected by copyright, trade marks, database right and other intellectual property rights. Users of this website may store the contents of the Website for their personal use and for no other reasons whatsoever unless with prior written permission from Green Parent Media Ltd.
Availability of the Website
We cannot promise that the Website will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Website you should report it to [email protected] and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we can. Your access to the Website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new content. We will attempt to restore access as soon as we reasonably can.
1. In the event that the Website provides content from other internet sites or resources, while we try to ensure that material included on the Website is correct, reputable and of high quality, we do not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to that content.
2. If we are in breach of this Disclaimer, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result and to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence of both of us at the time you use the Website. Our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption. This clause shall not limit or affect our liability if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
3. This Website contains links to Third Party websites, which are beyond our control. Green Parent Media Ltd will not therefore accept responsibility for the contents of these Third Party websites. Your use of these Third Party websites and any resultant transactions will be subject to the Terms and Conditions that apply specifically to those websites. It is your responsibility to read these Terms and Conditions carefully before making any such transactions.
4. In the event of any discrepancies, the Terms and Conditions of The Green Parent shall take precedence over the Terms and Conditions of Third Party websites insofar as the purchasing, ordering or use of Green Parent products are concerned.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard driveby your web browser. On revisiting this site the computer server will recognizethe cookie, giving this site information about your last visit. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. On the Green Parent Website web usage analysis software may be used. This software stores cookies on the visitor’s computer in order to obtain the visitor’s IP address, browser type, computer data and data related to the visit of this website. The data shall be used to record and analyse visits to this web site and shall not be used to personally identify the visitor.
2. This Disclaimer will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. If you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
3. We make no promise that the materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Website from elsewhere, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
4. This Website is owned and operated by Green Parent Media, Farthings, East Loathly, BN8 6QP. If you have any queries please contact [email protected] or phone 01825 872858.
Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this contract is strictly limited to the purchase price of the publication you purchased.
If any of these terms and conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Our Right to Vary these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you make a purchase, or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Dominance of Terms
In the event of any discrepancies the above terms and conditions shall take precedence over those of Third Party websites insofar as the ordering, purchase and use of Green Parent Media are concerned.