« CLICK HERE for inspiring content from The Green Parent magazine

How Angus castos worked for me, and myrtle advice…
Posted: 21 September 2011 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  423
Joined  2009-10-12

I’ve been using Angus castos for pmt which leaves me irritable, touch out and angry and I’ve noticed a huge improvement. I feel more balanced and relaxed. I stopped for a month and was fine, but taking it again as feeling irritable. It had a huge impact on my sex drive - I was worried I was going to pounce on the first man I saw at one point! Lol (not really, but you get the point!)

Anyway, I know other people have pmt with anger issues and thought you’d be interested to know how it affected me.

I’d really like to boost our chance of limited illness this winter and I read about burning myrtle. Good for antibacterial, stomach calming, etc. I thought alongside healthy eating and good fighting clean home would help! What do u think? How long should I burn it - every day all day. Is it nice smelling? Both ds and I are very sensitive to smells. Many thanks xx

Signature 

GP lets No: 110

Posted: 21 September 2011 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  428
Joined  2010-06-29

So glad you posted about the Angus Castos, sounds like just what i need at the mo. Since having my twins nearly 2 yrs ago my hormones have been all over the place, have never had PMT like this before. Would you be able to let me know where you get it from and how you take it.
Thanks X

Signature 

Mama to Ds 1 age 16, Ds 2 age 11, Dd 1 age 9, Ds 3 age 6, Dd 2 + 3 age 3

My Ebay shop - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bluebellvintageboutique?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Posted: 21 September 2011 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2008-01-26

Interesting thank you.  Have also been experiencing pmt since ds2 was born 2 years ago.  Would also be interested to know how you take it.
Ta x

Posted: 21 September 2011 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  664
Joined  2009-10-11

Interesting that you post this, I was taking it from early this year until about June, it has a cumulative effect and I would say I didn’t notice an improvement in my PMT symptoms until April time.  Then I stopped taking it, didn’t notice it until this past month when I have had sore boobs, low libido etc.  I think it might be time to take it again!  I was taking a high dose first thing in the morning as was advised to me by a nutritionist.

HTH

Diana

Signature 

Diana, DS (Sep 05), DD (Jan 08)

Tales from Ropley Cottage, on living, gardening, cooking and raising kids the organic/ethical way..

Posted: 21 September 2011 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-12

I got it from our local independent health shop. I heard it was going to be taken off the shelf because of new eu laws, but you can get it on line. It is tablet form and I take it twice a day. The online one i found is a tincture - someone recommended this for when the tablets run out.
I read an article about angus castor and what sort of pmt it’s good for. I’ll see if I can find it and will let you know, as it supposed to be good for a certain type of pmt.  The advice I read was take it for a month or two until you feel better and then stop and repeat when you feel bad again.

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2011 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4648
Joined  2008-06-07

Is it agnus castus (don’t know if there are differences or different types because of the different spellings) you were taking?

I took this too, it resulted in becoming pregnant with our first after a long time ttc (around 7 years possibly longer) and I took it to improve fertility, so be careful ladies wink

sarie

Signature 

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.

LETS number 64

Posted: 22 September 2011 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2489
Joined  2011-01-03
sarie - 22 September 2011 03:00 AM

Is it agnus castus (don’t know if there are differences or different types because of the different spellings) you were taking?

I took this too, it resulted in becoming pregnant with our first after a long time ttc (around 7 years possibly longer) and I took it to improve fertility, so be careful ladies wink

sarie

I took it for fertility too. We ttc’d too long for our first baby, the second one I took agnus castus and fell pg straight away - and did again this time too - so I swear by it for pregnancy achievement.

As for libido - yes I did notice that this time actually.

It is not safe in pregnancy though so you have to stop taking it as soon as you ovulate if there is any chance of you becoming pregnant.

x x x

Signature 

Skye-Blu

mummy to dd(11), ds(9) and a not so tiny boy born April 2012

LETS number 144

http://catherinecreatesatrubys.blogspot.co.uk
http://perfectionistinpractice.blogspot.com/

Posted: 22 September 2011 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-12

Yes - Angus castus is what I was talking about. My phone loves to correct me!

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2011 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1936
Joined  2008-03-16

Can you take it whilst breast feeding?

Posted: 23 September 2011 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4648
Joined  2008-06-07

I believe you can ppcat, I took it whilst bfing Alice and ttc Saule, I looked it up first probably on kellymom.

sarie

Signature 

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.

LETS number 64

Posted: 23 September 2011 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-12

I’m taking it will bf. I read that it effect the prolactin?! The hormone that releases milk, but not sure where or how correct that is.

Signature