A friend of mine is researching for her MSc dissertation and she’s chosen a fascinating subject.
She’s created a facebook page if you think you can help her in any way - here’s the description:
Would you be willing to participate in a piece of research looking at changing sexuality and life-course?
• Has your sexual identity or orientation changed during your adult life?
• Have you identified as exclusively lesbian or gay but now find yourself having heterosexual relationships/sex/attraction/desire?
• Have you identified as heterosexual/straight, but are now having same-sex relationships/sex/attraction/desire?
• Have you identified as bisexual but now feel that you are heterosexual or lesbian/gay?
• Has your sense of your sexual identity changed, even if your sexual practise has not?
• Has your sexual practise changed, but your sexual identity remained the same?
• Would you tell me the story of your sexual identity?
My name is Catherine – I’m a student at the University of Hull where I’m doing a Masters degree in Applied Social Research. For my final dissertation I need to present a piece of original research, for which I am looking at people’s experiences of changes or shifts in sexuality in adulthood. I am hoping to do in-depth interviews with a small number of women and men.
Please do share this amongst your networks or with anyone you know who you think might be interested in participating.
Here’s a link to her page or you can email her direct and tell her I sent you