Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parent's, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hi, hoping for a bit of advice. Had my third section a week ago (pre-eclampsia again) and ever since have been having terrible sweats. Realise it could be hormonal but also as a result of so many drugs for the PET and section… any natural remedy advice would be grateful on coping with them.┬á
Also any remedies/natural potions for keeping the section wound clean.. all this sweating is making it hard to keep it dry and clean and the very last thing I need is an infection!
i have never been so full of toxins and drugs in my life, hate it but with really high blood pressure still and all these complications I’m just desperate to re-dress the balance now that we are home… thanks so much in advance x

Hi JulesSpire,

Sounds like your body is going through alot going at the moment! From an aromatherapy point of view Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) is used for hormonal conditions and also excessive sweating. It can be used with high blood pressure too as it is hypotensive, meaning it can help lower blood pressure. You could blend it with geranium and ylang ylang for a relaxing blend. I would suggest seeing an aromatherapist if this route interests you as they can do a full medical history and make sure all the oils mentioned are suitable for your condition and give you the correct dilutions.

To keep the wound clean I would recommend Akamuti Tea Tree and Lavender cream which is on their website or Amazon. I use it for everything. It has quite an oily texture but it is wonderful as an organic, natural antiseptic lotion.

Hope this helps! xx

I’m not sure what to advise for the sweats, but I found the hairdryer helpful for keeping the scar itself from getting too moist - sending hugs your way for the recovery x

My website: http://www.uniandjack.co.uk ~ Uni and Jack ~ Rainbow bright unisex organic baby & children’s clothes  
Selling Living Crafts | Maxomorra | Engel | GEGGAMOJA | DUNS Sweden | Piccalilly | LGR organic clothes - cotton & merino ~ 10% off CROESO smile
Uni and Jack on FB ... Facebook Winter sale
jennywrenberry on Instagram

Share this with friends

Recent Posts