Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parent's, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hi. I’m itching to start another course. Since my children have been born I’ve done a Bsc (Hons) degree and a creative writing course. Both of which I loved. I HE now and loving it but now we’re getting into the swing of things they don’t need me as much as they did at the beginning and I’m finding myself itching to do another course. Something that may help with future employment once they’re older..I don’t really have any ideas at the moment so throw some at me! xx

Hi there, I don’t know what you’re into really but I’m also thinking of doing a course. In the past I’ve done: creative writing; wet felting, wood sculpting; sewing. I am now thinking of doing an art one or maybe more wood based craft again. I also thought Id love to do a herbal medicine type course.
I don’t really feel like doing something intellectual as I just don’t have the concentrated time or concentration for that atm.
I think if you are looking for one you could use as a way of making money later, you need to focus on where your existing skills and interests lie. Could you try a few things: write your ideal job spec; imagine your life when you have more time…...what kind of things are you doing? When I try this, I am living by the sea and I’ve opened up a little tea shop/which doubles as a gallery! So I suppose if I was to do a useful course related to that I might learn a few business skills instead of wood crafting, but hey ho!
You could write a list of everything you love doing, not just the obvious stuff & see if anything pops up as an idea.
Please let us know what you end up doing!

picnicinthewoods - 14 March 2017 08:36 AM

Hi there, I don’t know what you’re into really but I’m also thinking of doing a course. In the past I’ve done: creative writing; wet felting, wood sculpting; sewing. I am now thinking of doing an art one or maybe more wood based craft again. I also thought Id love to do a herbal medicine type course.
I don’t really feel like doing something intellectual as I just don’t have the concentrated time or concentration for that atm.
I think if you are looking for one you could use as a way of making money later, you need to focus on where your existing skills and interests lie. Could you try a few things: write your ideal job spec; imagine your life when you have more time…...what kind of things are you doing? When I try this, I am living by the sea and I’ve opened up a little tea shop/which doubles as a gallery! So I suppose if I was to do a useful course related to that I might learn a few business skills instead of wood crafting, but hey ho!
You could write a list of everything you love doing, not just the obvious stuff & see if anything pops up as an idea.
Please let us know what you end up doing!

Oh a little tea shop with a gallery sounds perfect! (I’m lucky in that I already live by the sea! x) Yes maybe some sort of art related course would be good.  I love doing my crafts and I’m trying to do more of that now, but I’m thinking something new might be fun… hmmm… something to think about! 

Thank you picnicinthewoods! xxx

Share this with friends

Recent Posts