« CLICK HERE for inspiring content from The Green Parent magazine

4 of 24
Weight Loss Support Group
Posted: 12 February 2009 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4233
Joined  2008-03-21

Sarie, you must be toning up grin  Muscle weighs more than fat grin  (that’s my excuse, and i’m sticking to it LOL)

B
xx

Signature 

Mummy to four little ones

Posted: 13 February 2009 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  889
Joined  2007-05-16

hey all, haven’t been on in a while - congrats to those who lost!

I havent got any scales in the house, so i have no idea how much i weigh.
so if nobody minds, instead of putting my weight in every wednesday, i will let you all know how my exercise is going??
I have signed up to do a ‘race for life’ so have finally started running again, following a really basic training plan. so on wednesday i went down to the beach and did 1 min jog, followed by 3 mins walking, for a total of 16 minutes!
I was supposed to do it again today, but didn’t :-(
This sunday i should repeat the same, and then on monday the walking drops to 2 minutes, and the total time goes up. I ‘should’ run on a monday, wednesday, friday and sunday.
does this make sense??

Posted: 13 February 2009 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-21

Yes it does, sounds really good.  When is the race for life?

B
xx

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2009 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-16
leikima - 13 February 2009 11:39 PM

Yes it does, sounds really good.  When is the race for life?

B
xx

the race is on may 10th, so i have a bit of time to get myself where i want!

Posted: 14 February 2009 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-21

Good luck with the race Ecomum, I hope it goes well.  I have a few friends who have done it - raising money and getting fit is surely a good motivating combo grin

Keep us posted,

B
xx

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2009 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-21

What do you do when you are out or eating at friends/relatives house?  I was at my SIL’s yesterday and she had cooked me deep fried breaded camembert for my Sunday dinner (veggie) and then homecooked chocolate cake with whipped cream and raspberry (and sugar) sauce.  Although I’m trying to shift some weight I didn’t want to say no to this lovely food she’d made for us, (plus it was delish).  So, yet again, i’ve stuffed my face with food that I shouldn’t have hmmm

As it’s pretty uncommon to eat out or at friends I don’t really feel bad, but wondering what others do in this situation.  Do you tell people you are on a diet or not?

B
xx

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2009 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4632
Joined  2008-06-07

I tend not to worry about it, if you are eating healthy most of the time why not have something like this?
If you really don’t fancy it because of how it will make you feel.  I get really tired if I eat loads of rubbish (not like your sister cooked, sounds gorgeous wink ) explain that eating sugary fatty foods make you feel sluggish so you are trying to eat better for a while.

I always think of it as eating well and making healthy choices long term rather than a diet, that way as Alice grows up her choices will hopefully be healthy on the whole.  We also have genetic concerns to think about so diet is very important.  And we all have more energy, hopefully!
sarie

Signature 

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.

LETS number 64

Posted: 18 February 2009 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  328
Joined  2008-11-21

I tend to eat it but perhaps a smaller amount (ie. no seconds). It is really nice when someone has cooked something for you and it has to be good for the soul (yours and hers) to enjoy it and appreciate the effort. Besides, you should allow yourself a little of the naughty things, it’s just not easy knowing when to stop (that’s my problem anyway!)

Good luck for the training Ecomum. I did it for the last 2 years - the first one I ran big surprise (which if you knew me you would know was nothing short of a miracle!) and last year I walked it in 30 degree heat with 2 stone on my back (little one in backcarrier) - almost as hard as running the year before. My knees are just about to give up the ghost no, so that’s it for me I’m afraid.

The scales are being kind this morning and I think they tell me a 2 pound loss which brings me to 10 st 9 (just realised that if I don’t put put my weight down I will lose track). Very happy with that. If life was always like the last couple of days it would be easy - loads of physical exercise without even trying and so busy that I haven’t really thought about snacking!
x

Posted: 18 February 2009 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-16
leikima - 16 February 2009 12:08 PM

What do you do when you are out or eating at friends/relatives house?  I was at my SIL’s yesterday and she had cooked me deep fried breaded camembert for my Sunday dinner (veggie) and then homecooked chocolate cake with whipped cream and raspberry (and sugar) sauce.  Although I’m trying to shift some weight I didn’t want to say no to this lovely food she’d made for us, (plus it was delish).  So, yet again, i’ve stuffed my face with food that I shouldn’t have hmmm

As it’s pretty uncommon to eat out or at friends I don’t really feel bad, but wondering what others do in this situation.  Do you tell people you are on a diet or not?

B
xx

I know a lot of ‘experts’ suggest the 80 - 20 rule. As long as you are eating healthily 80% of the time, you can let yourself go a bit for the other 20%!
I reckon its a pretty good idea myself - as soon as i say i am going to deny myself something, it seems that i want it even more, so by giving yourself this extra leeway, you dont end up having a humungous blow-out and then feeling really guilty!

Running training is not going well atr the mo - was unable to run on sunday (but i did spent the morning taking my dd swimming, then spent the afternoon on the trampoline so at least i was active lol), then monday i had a tooth taken out, so no run. Supposed to be out today, but the blinkin extraction site has become infected, so i am extremely sore. cant even face a walk in town let alone a run downer
Not holding out much hope for friday either downer

Posted: 18 February 2009 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  716
Joined  2007-08-23

Well, I sharnt be weighing myself today in a bid to preserve my self essteem as i have had an awful week foodwise (well the food was LOVELY but ...) I am being good again now and will start exercising again tomorrow rolleyes

Signature 

Autumn Freya 07/07 Cedar Lucas 05/11

GP Lets number 67

Posted: 18 February 2009 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-21

hmmm, I am back up to 9st 8lb (1lb on) and have had a lot more exercise and eaten better this week.  Is it possible that chocolate makes me thinner? grin

B
xx

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2009 04:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4632
Joined  2008-06-07

Was it Wednesday yesterday, really, thought it was Monday all day confused
Off to weigh myself now, hoping without a brain I am lighter wink

So back to 10stone 4lb, must do more exercise. 
Not sure how that works practically but am trying to get out to the park more and stuff like that. 
Good luck to all, I see I’m not the only one who forgot yesterday.
sarie

Signature 

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.

LETS number 64

Posted: 19 February 2009 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-11-17

I lost another 3 lbs , so am 11st 9lb now.
I also follow the 80/20 rule.
I eat what I like on sundays, plus what ever my mum or dad cook including pudding when we go to theirs for a meal once a week.
The rest of the week I try and eat low fat and calorie controlled (ish).
Also am allowed a 150 calorie higher fat treat everday if I want.
I am exercising more too, which means taking the kids to park most weekdays, and putting the radio on on my phone and walking around quite fast for 20 mins. It doesnt sound much, but at he moment it is making a difference, if I actually do it.
Any eating out that comes up is fine. Its a treat.
Radha.

Signature 

Home edding, non vaccinating, vegetarian, family.
Trust Love Truth Intuition Adventure Harmony smile smile smile

Posted: 19 February 2009 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6957
Joined  2008-09-01

The binge attack I had the other week then followed by 4 days of migraines/clusterheadaches has kinda thrown me off kelter.
I’ve been avoiding the scales.. I can tell from the ache in my knees when walking upstairs that I’ve put on - sigh.. I will weigh myself tomorrow and face the music lol.

I’m gonna try and eat better this week and get back on track.

Joxy.

Signature 

Bohemian crochet items from Hooky Delights:  Go to http://www.etsy.com/shop/HookyDelights/

My blog:  http://hookydelights.blogspot.co.uk/

LETS membership # 52

http://rosehowey.org.uk - HOME!

Posted: 19 February 2009 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-07-14

I put on this week :( . We had a gas outage for 3 days so no home cooking and so I ate my weight in cheese toasties! lol . Back on the Wii fit today tho and back to healthier food.
The weather’s getting better so we’re going out more often now.  Hopefully a better result next week.
Rach x

Signature 

Rach xx smile

4 of 24