After my son Tom was born he suffered from a few skin problems such as eczema and teething rash. After a lot of research into ingredients in creams and balms I was shocked to find so many toxic ingredients in everyday products.
I wanted to give Tom the best. I struggled to find a truly 100% natural skincare brand that I felt I could trust, not only with what i was putting on Tom’s skin and into his body, but also a brand that provided ingredient transparency and a planet-friendly approach.
My son gave me inspiration and a wonderful opportunity to create Artio Skincare (artioskincare.com), a mindful mum and baby skincare brand. All our award-winning products have been formulated by a team of doctors and mums using the finest hand-picked natural ingredients, which provide families with peace of mind.
SELF CARE SECRETS
What I have discovered as a mum is that the simple things in life really do provide a sense of me time. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to feel pampered. My top 3 weekly self-care rituals are:
- Spending an hour in my favourite coffee shop with a book, flat white - child and technology free.
- An early Sunday morning walk on the beach with my family and dog. The sound of the waves and a quiet beach is good for the soul.
- I try to set aside an evening a week to have a bath/shower using a lovely body scrub and face mask. Of course before I put on my PJs I love to finish off with our luxurious Stretch Mark Oil.
I’m always working away in the background planning, formulating new products and growing our business. Right now the next thing for Artio is the imminent launch of our new ‘Well-being’ range. We’re excited to launch our first product from the range later this month!
We are extremely passionate about building our Artio community. One of our ongoing goals is to build consumer awareness and knowledge of the skincare industry. We want people to be able to confidently make more conscious decisions for their families, on what they are bringing into their homes and ultimately onto their skin and into their bodies.
THREE WAYS TO BE MORE SUSTAINABLE
- Making small changes in your home on a weekly or monthly basis is much better than making lots of big changes all at once. More people taking small steps will have the biggest impact on making our planet a better place to live.
- Being mindful of the products that are being brought into your home. This applies to almost everything, not just skincare products. My advice is to check out the company you are buying from and what they stand for. Doing your research is key.
- Support small, independent shops which share your mindful way of life.