Hang them in a window so the pearlescent shell inners catch the light.
YOU WILL NEED
- Seashells (with holes in them)
- Foraged kelp or driftwood
- Sundried pieces of seaweed
- Fishing string
- Scissors or a craft knife
- First find a piece of driftwood or dried kelp to form the base of the mobile
- Now make some strings of foraged and found ocean treasures – alternate with different shaped items to create visual interest
- Attach to the mobile arm and trim the extra line
- Create a handle or loop for hanging the mobile at home
TIPS - Knot rather than thread each object onto your string so they don’t slip down onto one another. Sundried shells will be much easier to work with than wet ones and you’ll need very dry (crispy) pieces of seaweed too. You’ll need to weight your mobile evenly so it isn’t lopsided – two to keep the outside strings equally strung so the weight is distributed evenly.