1) Get along to Torquay Museum, Devon in fancy dress on 27 October to take a spooky torchlit tour of the artefacts. Starts at 17:30.
2) Walk in the footsteps of WW2 Codebreakers and bust some myths at Bletchley Park, nr. Milton Keynes on 28 and 29 Oct. Tours start at 7pm.
3) Celebrate Halloween with some Japanese spooky stories and monster crafts at the Oriental Museum in Durham. 28 October at 6pm.
4) Discover more about Powis Castle in Welshpool and the characters who made it their home on 29 Oct.
5) The Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honition, Devon is hosting a Halloween party. Try creating your own silhouette shadow puppet with artist Willem Montagne, handling live creepy creatures (lizards and snakes), building a bat box for your garden and scary face painting There will be wood-fired pizzas, crêpes and a DJ too.