Since going paleo I have certainly missed the joys of pancake day, but now that I have discovered these beauties, smothered in raw honey, I’m a contented soul once again.
Delicious pancakes, guilt free
- 1 1/14 cup coconut flour
- 6 egg whites, 2 eggs with yolks
- ¼ cup powdered stevia
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix together the batter and leave to settle overnight
- Warm some coconut oil or butter in a pan (or rapeseed oil, anything with a high smoke point) with the hob set to ¾ of the full temperature.
- Drop a little of the mixture into the pan and once it starts to lift at the edges, gently nudge it into the edge and quickly flip.
- Allow to cook for a further 15 seconds and transfer to serving plate.
- Every 3-4 pancakes, throw in some cold water to cool down the pan or it will become too hot and burn the pancakes before they are ready to flip.
- Serve with the topping of your choice!
Serves: 3-4 pancakes for up to 4 people.
Article by Leanne Patrick