The Wallace and Gromit Children’s Foundation was created in 2003 to raise funds for children’s hospitals and hospices across the UK. Since its inception, it has helped 83 children’s hospices and hospitals and given our grants totalling 1.52 million. Sick children often miss out on some of the basic rights of childhood – fun, freedom and play – and the Foundation helps to ensure that they enjoy these experiences wherever they are.
To register for your fundraising pack, you can visit the website. Last year, over 100,000 people took part nationwide and this year the Foundation wants to make it even bigger and better. The idea is to host a breakfast event, whether at home, at school, or at work, and the fundraising pack has lots of ideas to get you started. All the money raised will help improve the quality of life of sick children and their families in local hospitals and hospices across the country.
Here are their top tips for a breakfast to remember:
• Cereal Bar – Bring all your favourite cereals for everyone to try.
• Get Juicing – Start the day with your 5 a day and all your favourite fruits for a fantastic juice and smoothie bar.
• Eggs Every Way – Poached, boiled, fried or scrambled – you and your guests decide!
• Toast Toppings – Share your favourite spreads, jams, marmalades anything you choose, to spread on your breakfast toast.
• Continental – Think croissants, pain au chocolate, pastries and danishes. Everyones favourites!
• Pancake Station – prepare pancake stacks for everyone to enjoy with all their favourite fillings , lemon, sugar, banana’s , jam- anything you want !