You will need:
- 1 kilogram of fresh rowan berries
- 400ml of water
- Put the water in a pan and add berries.
- Warm them up on a lowish heat until the water begins to simmer.
- Remove the mixture from the heat then allow it to steep for 5 or 6 hours…preferably overnight.
- Next, strain the liquid through a cheesecloth or muslin sheet. You should be left with around a litre of juice.
- Add pectin according to the instructions found on the packet.
- Store the jelly in a jar in a cool, shaded area and serve it up with a veggie roast.
MAKE A ROWAN WAND
Glennie Kindred says the wood can enhance your psychic abilities
Wands of all sizes may be made from Rowan wood, from a pencil thin wand for the pocket, to a large ceremonial wand, decorated with symbols. Is also makes very good walking sticks if you can find a straight length. As always, only cut from a living tree only after you have asked the tree, told it of your wishes and waited to feel that the tree gives you it’s consent. If you wish to take all or some of the bark off, it is best to do so soon after you have cut it, as it peels off easily at this stage. Rough carving is easiest then too and you can then leave the wood to dry out naturally before fine carving and sanding. It is an easy, softish wood to carve and can be used for small carved objects. Sleep with a piece of Rowan under your pillow to bring inner knowledge to the surface.