• 2/3 cup of ground almonds
• ½ cup fresh dates (pitted)
• ¾ cup dried apricots
• Zest of half an orange and half a lemon
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp ginger
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• 1 vanilla extract
• 200g dark chocolate
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
1. In a food processor, mix together all of the ingredients save for the chocolate.
2. When well combined, remove the mixture and roll into 12 little balls and place on a tray lined with greaseproof baking paper.
3. On a low heat, melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan and add maple syrup
4. Once melted, allow to cool to room temperature.
5. Using a fork, dip the balls in the chocolate and rest back on the tray. When all are covered, pop them in the fridge to set.
Optional extras: Dip the tops in coconut cream and serve with mint leaf and cranberry garnish for a unique flavour punch and traditional appearance.