• 1 mashed banana
• 2 eggs
• 6 tbsp almond meal
• 2 tbsp coconut flour
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• Coconut oil
• 1 Lemon
1. In a bowl, mix together the mashed banana, eggs, almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and 1 tbsp of honey.
2. Warm 2 tsp coconut oil in a pan.
3. For each pancake add roughly 2 tbsp of mixture to the pan.
4. As you cook your pancakes one by one, warm 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp honey and the juice of one lemon in a separate pan. Do not allow to boil.
5. When all pancakes are cooked, drizzle the lemon sauce over the top and serve.
Serves: 1 (3-4 pancakes)
Most mornings I make myself a delicious fruit smoothie. I’ve been addicted for well over a year now to the creamy deliciousness of coconut milk and seasonal berries blended up with just a smidge of honey. Sheer perfection! But, every now and then I fancy a change and since I am both gluten and dairy free – standard breakfast options are a no-go. So, I decided to give gluten free pancakes a whirl and they are absolutely delicious, even if I do say so myself! The sweet lemon drizzle gives them that extra kick, just like pancake day!