Filled with antioxidants and immune boosting vitamins, this soup is silky with a delightful kick.
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 2 Onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 1 chilli
- 1 litre of water
- 2 Knorr vegetable stock cubes
- Bake chunks of pumpkin in an oven at around 180 for 40 minutes. Use a baking dish and add ¼ inch of water to keep the pumpkin from drying out. Check at regular intervals.
- Meanwhile finely chop onions and chilli, mince the garlic and ginger and warm gently with the coconut oil and a dash of salt until fragrant.
- Add the pumpkin, stock cubes, water and fresh basil.
- Cover and simmer on low for around 2 hours.
- Pop in a blender and mix through.
- Return to pan and heat through.
- Add salt to taste.
Serves: 8-12 servings
Recipe by Leanne Patrick