- 200g legume-based pasta (I used mung bean fettucini)
- 500g asparagus
- 300g fresh or frozen shelled green peas
- sea salt for cooking water and garnish
- 4 tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- 3 tbsp. capers
- A large handful fresh mint, leaves only
- Put a large pot of water on the stove and heat over a high flame.
- While the water is heating up, wash, trim, and chop the asparagus. Shell the peas (or take them out of the fridge/freezer). Wash and roughly chop the mint. Once the cooking water is boiling, salt it generously (it should taste salty).
- Add the pasta and set a timer for about three before the suggested cooking time. Three minutes before the pasta is done, add the asparagus and peas. Cook for three minutes. Drain well and place back in the pot. Add the olive oil, lemon zest, drained capers and a few pinches of sea salt. Season to taste. Fold in the fresh mint and serve.
Find Sarah’s recipes and cookbooks for purchase at mynewroots.org
On instagram @mynewroots