There’s a frittata out there for everyone, provided you eat eggs that is! Check out our January vegetable frittata. Made with this seasons veggies, which are not only easier on the purse strings – they’re better for your body.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 chopped leek
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 6 sliced closed cup mushrooms
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Sprinkle of sea salt/Himalayan salt
- Warm the coconut oil on the hob in an oven proof pan and add the chopped onion and garlic. Sprinkle on the salt and fry until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, kale and leek.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk and add to the pan once the veg has softened.
- Allow to cook for a couple of minutes before transferring to the oven.
- Cook on low heat for 40-45 mins.
- Serve in slices.