Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

hi all,
i have a dd who is 32 months (3 in august!), and in the last few weeks has become scared of everything! spiders, flies, dogs, noises, strange people…............
she has also become clingy with me. this has kind of always been the case, but whereas before she would do things with other people, and alone, now she will only do things with me. for example she has had a few poop accidents this week as i have been away from her and she has 'forgotten' that she can get to the loo on her own, only i can take her toilet, only i can get her dressed…......

please tell me this is a normal stage?!!  i am due to have my next baby in the next 7/8 weeks and tbh, this situation is filling me with dread…..

It is totally a normal stage - they start learning a bit more about the world and their imaginations develop and suddenly they can imagine scenarios they ahdn't been able to before, plus they are more independent and realise they aren't actually still part of you, and it's a bit scary for them. It depends on the child, but it does usually get better gradually. My DD has always been more scared of stuff than DS but even he has gone thorugh stages of being frightened of the shadows on the wall, the tree outside the windowetc.. My DD was scared of the fridges in the supermarket which was a bit mroe tricky!!

Liz grin x

Druid, boat-dwelling, home educating mum of DD1 (11), Aspie DS (9) and baby DD2 (2), & part-time step-mum to 2 stepdaughters, 9 and 7.

Hi

My Sam is coming up for 2 and a half and has had a recent mini-phase of being scared of everything but it seems to be passed (not the clinginess, as i've said!   smile ).  I think he was feeling off colour, and suddenly everything terrified him.  Obviously, I shall eagerly anticipate the full-blown phase in 6m time  ;D

Becky
xx

Mummy to four little ones

Must be something in the air…...   :o

Becky
xx

Mummy to four little ones

Hi-I havn't experienced this, but just thinking, could it be related to the imminent new baby- is there some little thought in her head of "loosing" you (your relationship) when you have the new baby (if that makes any sence- obviously, not a lot of help for you but maybe another reason for it happening?)
Gill

Hi
Yes, I was thinking it might be related to the baby coming soon. grin Congratulations.

I have a solution though, whatever the cause.

Have you come across EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)? It is a system of tapping on the end meridian points while tuning into the emotional problem. You can either tap on the points of her face and body, or tap on her teddy or doll or tap on your own surrogately. If you tap on your own face and body you can do this when she is not present.

It may be fun to do it with her though, as you can turn it into a game tapping on her 'magic buttons'.

You can find out how to do it for free from the following site: http://www.emofree.com. It does not take long to learn and it doesn't matter if you don't get it completely right either.

I use this all the time with my family and with friends. It is a wonderful tool. It will make life easier for you (and it is very ecological) lol.
Blessings
Patricia

Interesting last post, sounds like a kind of diversion therapy, is it helpful??

http://www.mariasorganicbabies.com

[quote author=organic mum link=topic=1428.msg15057#msg15057 date=1209074825]
Interesting last post, sounds like a kind of diversion therapy, is it helpful??

It's understandable that people who have not tried EFT think it works by diverting attention, but this is not how it works. Thank you Maria for giving me the opportunity to correct a common misconception.

It works on the energy system of the body. Like acupuncture, but without the needles. You know when you are nervous you get butterflies or even an upset stomach? This is because when you are upset, your energy is scrambled. Tapping on the meridian end points (EFT) smooths out the energy system, resulting in whatever the problem was, to disappear.

It works on headaches, migraines, any type of pain really, as well as nervousness at the thought of an event, crying babies, irritation at someone, phobias, blocks to learning something, sports injuries and enhancing performance, relief from traumatic memories, MS and ME. In fact the developer of EFT, Gary Craig, says to try it on anything. EFT therapists and ordinary people who use it are often amazed at the variety of conditions will help. This is because everything, including our bodies is made of energy vibrating at certain frequencies   .

Blessings
Patricia

http://www.mariasorganicbabies.com

Share this with friends

Recent Posts