Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

When ever I post from my iPhone it takes up th 3, sometimes 4, goes to submit each reply. It’s meaning that I’m copying each reply before I submit as when I try to it just brings up a reply page with an empty text box. On pasting the reply and hitting submit again mostly it will then bring up another empty text box on a new reply page. Repeating this it will eventually load the reply on to the thread.

Does anyone else get this?  It makes replying to threads on my phone incredibly laborious.. At least if ive forgotten to copy all the text before hitting submit then when I get the empty reply page I can still go back a page and my reply is still sat there in the quick reply box for me to copy it..

Is this just an annoying glitch I’m going tonnage to live with?!  I’ve never found this to happen on any other forum I’ve used from my phone!

GP LETS member #130

DD1 May 08, DD2 April 10, DS born on our 4th wedding anniversary, 07-07-11!

“YOU’LL NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE,... UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE”

http://ayearofmeals.wordpress.com/ I’m blogging my meals for a year!

I have a low-end Nokia which is what I do most of my interwebbing from. I haven’t had a problem posting yet. Someone told me that iphones can be fussy, though, so I wonder if any other iphone users have had problems?

New mum learning day by day

ourfamilyfromztoa.blogspot.com
eco-faith.org

This happens to me when using the laptop, never mind my phone. When I click fast reply then submit, sometimes it takes up to 3, 4 times to get it to submit and I copy the text just in case because I’ve lost many a post that way! No answers but sympathy, very annoying.

I was having this problem too.  Whenever I tried to submit a reply,
I got the empty box.  Very annoying, as it takes ages to post a reply on the iPhone keyboard.  It seemed to resolve itself though, but I did notice it seemed to get better after I syncd the phone to the laptop and transferred some iTunes over. 
I was having problems commenting on blogs too, but that also seems to be sorted now too.

Eta I have just seen NMTs reply, so it is not just iPhones then.
Another thing that sometimes happens is that I read a thread, then press the back button to come back to the forum home page, to find I cannot see the day’s new topics - like going back in time!  This happens on both phone and laptop.  Refreshing the page brings them back, so not really a problem, just a bit confusing.
xx

I have stopped using ‘fast reply’ from my phone as I had this problem of losing all the text. Since I started using ‘post reply’ it has only happened once or twice (rather than every time!) I also noticed it does it if I cross post with someone - I seem to lose my post. It’s very annoying.

Sarah x

I’ll get the techies to have a look at this next week, does anyone have trouble posting on other forums using mobiles or laptops.
Jez
PS That said it’s pretty cool that you can post to the GP forum while on the move grin

Well that worked first time, thank you! x

GP LETS member #130

“YOU’LL NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE,... UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE”

I have this problem too with my iPhone. Also I can’t upload photos at all. As it’s my main way of accessing the forum it means I don’t get to reply as much as I would like. Great you’re looking into this.

GP lets No: 110

Ive been having this from my iphone too- was trying to post from the hospital (sneakily under the bed sheet!!!!!) but it kept losing it- just at the point where you want a few kind words from some other mamas!

Will remember to avoid the fast reply if other have found that to be the problem

Starring members of the Cast:
Sebastian (2004), Felicity (2006), Tristan (2008)

Home educating, thought provoking parenting, healthy eating trying to be locavores- but following our own way

AND finally admitting to having a blog http://owngrown.blogspot.com

I ended up not coming here for quite a while because I only ever was able to access the forum from my mobile and if I couldn’t post it seemed pointless being here only to lurk!  Thankfully the problems with mobile posting seem to have disappeared as everything is posting normally now which is lovely as I’d really missed being here!

GP LETS member #130

I’ve only just noticed the fast reply button, never used it, always post reply and never had problems!

Share this with friends

Recent Posts