Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

The EU will soon be voting on whether or not to allow formula companies to use DHA health claims when promoting their formula. It seems the formula companies have employed lobbists to promote their case to the MEP’s and there have been some very personal attacks on those high up in baby milk action.

It’s all becoming a huge PR battle and we can only hope that the formula companies are undermining their own case with their underhand methods but if anyone feels they could write to their MEP then this cause could do with all the help it could get. Please do consider writing, it’s very easy via the second link I’m giving .

Here’s some more on it - http://www.nutraingredients.com/Regulation/Eye-or-nay-For-or-against-the-DHA-infant-eye-claim

Obviously, this has come to my attention as a breastfeeding advocate but it actually has little to do with breastfeeding and everything to do with the rights and health of formula fed babies. Not only is there no solid evidence that it’s benefical to formula fed babies but there are concerns it could actually be harmful. Shocking behaviour by companies more interested in lining their pockets than the health of the babies they feed.

Please consider emailing your MEP’s here -
http://www.babymilkaction.org/eucampaign/

“Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead; tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.”
~~~Groucho Marx~~~~~

Thanks for posting this - ill go and have a look after tea

x

Proud Mummy to our gorgeous new daughter Rowan born July 2011

GP Lets no 134

Pendulous Threads - handmade bags and accesories

They win downer  Watch out for this presented as fact on a milk advert very soon!

“Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead; tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.”
~~~Groucho Marx~~~~~

Share this with friends

Recent Posts