Issue 92 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

FDA Can’t Stop Home Birth, So They’re Taking Your Birthing Pool Instead

rolleyes This is exactly the sort of reason why we need to campaign to normalise birth in this country, as it is a slippery slope…

Nelly x

Britain always seems to follow America, and that’s not helpful.  :-(

Squee

Mammy to
Cerys (July 2010)
Violet (November 2013)
GP LETS 113

Don’t sweat it, I mean this is completely undoable. What’s to stop people reclassifying birth pools as something else? “Post-birth pools” for example, nudge nudge wink wink. I mean babies get born wherever they get born eh? If you can pefectly legally sell paraphenalia for drug taking (bongs, king size rizlas etc) without stating it’s intended use then I don’t think this is any danger to water birth at all.

? We must live with hearts wide open, hearts wildly open ?

Wild glamping in the mountains of southern Spain ... http://wildsierraglamping.simpl.com/

oh absolutely, but do we really want to live in that culture, where in some states hb is effectively outlawed, thus putting babies & mums at risk if they cannot access care as/if they need it, and putting midwives at risk of prosecution for fulfilling their vocation?

Nelly x

That’s only if they ban Home Birth, which is another matter, I thought the article was referring to classifying birth pools as medical equipment. I think it’s really important that as a movement we don’t get swept along into hysteria and folk panic where there is no issue, the other side does enough of making as ass of themselves like that.

? We must live with hearts wide open, hearts wildly open ?

Wild glamping in the mountains of southern Spain ... http://wildsierraglamping.simpl.com/

Share this with friends

Recent Posts