Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Morning x

I was wondering whether there are any of you who have this?  I feel I do, I’ve had it all my life and would love to speak to others about their experiences and how I can fine tune it more x

Hoping to hear from you x

PM me if you’d prefer x

Open All The Boxes

Mommy to Jacob (13.03.04), Joe-Joe (17.01.10) Noah (02.03.11) and Thomas (19.05.13)

Taking baby steps towards a more sustainable, conscientious lifestyle.

http://myfreerangethree.wordpress.com/

This is an interesting subject.
I don’t know what sort of experiences you include in a ‘Sixth Sense’ but personally it makes me think of intuition and telepathy as some of the more common, everyday sort of experiences.
I believe everyone has a sixth sense in that respect.
Some people ignore it, or are unaware of it. Others have been raised in a tradition that rejects anything like that.
I think it can be nurtured ‘back to life’ so to speak:-)

As long as I can remember I have had experiences like knowing when someone is about to call, getting an idea of something that is about to happen etc.
I’ve had a few very strong examples of premonition and also of a strong intuition or gut instinct about what to do.
My mother and brother also have this.
My brother once avoided a serious car accident because he suddenly got a strong sense that an obstacle would be in his lane around the next bend. It was in the middle of the night and no other cars around. He decided to change lane and discovered a few seconds later that a car had broken down in the lane he had been in.
A couple of times my brother has been in life threatening situations abroad, and my mother has had a very sudden and very strong feeling of him being in danger.
My mother also has ‘warm hands’ as they call it - she’s a natural for giving healing energy and has been helping out friends and family with various health problems.
Neither my mother nor my brother have been seeking such experiences / abilities, they just happen. They are both highly trained in strict ‘sceptical scientific thinking’ and both working within conventional medicine.

Personally I am convinced I have a telepathic connection with my dog, or rather that he reads me telepathically (no, not through body language:-).
I looked into this and found that there has been research on telepathy in animals, and they could demonstrate a statistically very significant trend indicating telepathic contact between dogs and humans (also between a parrot and its owner!)

I don’t know if this is the sort of thing you were thinking of:-)
If your experiences have been more of the ghostly sort then I’m afraid I don’t have any experiences to draw on:-D
I was always told as a child that ghosts don’t exist, but people very close to me have, without a doubt,  seen things that would be classified as ghosts. Again, these are people who don’t have the slightest interest in such phenomena, so again, not seeking it out - just happening…
Personally I’m open minded:-)

Therese

Not sure but I think I have a bit sometimes, and when pregnant with both children, but dd in particular, I kept on knowing what people were going to say just before they said it, exact words.. was really odd, but went away once she was born.

Will watch this with interest grin

smile Mummy to DS born March 08 and DD born July 2010 smile

GP Lets No 119

me i do. i always know whos on other end of phone so dont need caller id.  I have a lil ghost too who lives in this house.  my youngest daughter can see her x

mum to milly 7 beth 5 and sienna 2.
Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/DawnRoseCreates
follow my blog at dawnrosefrugal.blogspot.co.uk its called more to life than money
facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/DawnRoseCreates

Yes I do to a bit,but itdepends how tuned in I am .Somtimes I am more so than others. I will often know whos on the other end of phone as it rings etc etc and use ‘instinct’ in a lot of sittuations. I have healed my children headaches with my hands before and have also had very vivid dreams about them before they were born,or even thought of. Also dreamedabout meeting my partner a few months before I met him. Imagine my delight,when I met the guy of my dreams. ha ha.
I do think everybody has the potential of sixth sense,but with some it just comes natrually and others you have to cultivate it. I know i certainly dont use mine to its full potential,just dont find the time often to be in the right frame of mind.
I do think it can run in families too. my mother was extremely intuative.

Mummy to 4

mummybee - 05 May 2012 08:45 PM

..and have also had very vivid dreams about them before they were born,or even thought of.

That’s interesting! I have read about this sort of experience and it seems it happens to a lot of mothers (and sometimes fathers too).
Carol Bowman’s books touch upon this subject although her books are mainly about children’s past life memories.

Therese

Im very interested in this kind of thing & I believe we all posses a ‘sixth sense’ but just that some people are just more ‘open’ to this kind of thing.
I feel its definitely within me but I dont really know how to utilise it to its potential. I wouldnt say Ive had any major pyschic experiences as such but Im good at ‘gut’ feelings and getting a sense of things. If Ive got an important day happening, I can kind of tune in before hand and know how its going to turn out. I also feel I have good intuitive connection with a few family members, but very much so with my DD. The other day I was stunned to realise she had read my exact thoughts and then said them out loud! It felt like I transmitted them to her, but of course it could have been a co-incidence, its just the wording she used was mine.
I have seen a spirit/ghost, whatever you want to call it, but I tend not to discuss it because people are very cynical. I know what I saw and felt, I dont need to convince anyone else.
I am recently very interested in past life stuff. I have a very strong sense of a past life. I have never been particularly open to this before because I wasnt sure about my beliefs but I would now like to research this more.
I suppose my biggest ‘sixth sense’ moment was making a decision to visit a particular place that I was feeling very drawn to knowing that I was going to meet someone very significant in my life there. I did, it was my now husband.
There are times when Im just not tuned in though and I cant work out what the hell my sixth sense is telling me!

To dare is to lose ones footing temporarily, to not dare is to lose oneself.

LETS number 137

https://wildheartseducation.wordpress.com/

Hi Ladies x

Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you!!!  Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate it.  The intuition thing is quite nice and I can deal with that, me and my husband often say we’re half of the same person because we know what the other is thinking or just about to say plus the other things you ladies have mentioned.  My initial reason for posting was because of the current “activity” in my house.  It’s not scary (I’ve never had a scary *paranormal* experience) and relatively subtle but I just wish I could understand it more or at least be more certain!  Like you BLuebellFinn, it’s not something I really discuss too much because people don’t believe you, think you’re weird, making it up, misinterpretted it blah, blah, blah but I would really like to meet someone I could speak to freely about this, I like to *speak* to you if you have chance about what you saw!!!  Momto2nbump, I’d love to hear about your ghost who lives with you.  Mummybee, I agree about the family thing…my mother has it as do some of my cousins and aunties…Only just made the connection but they’re all women?!?!

Thanks again for getting back to me.  I really hope you all get chance to continue this thread (or as mentioned before PM me if you don’t want to discuss it in an open arena x)

xxx

Open All The Boxes

Mommy to Jacob (13.03.04), Joe-Joe (17.01.10) Noah (02.03.11) and Thomas (19.05.13)

Hi teamcarr, I wont go into it now as I am moving house and the removal people will be here this afternoon and I shouldnt be on here!!!!! I would love to tell you my experience when I have a moment. PM to remind me!!!

To dare is to lose ones footing temporarily, to not dare is to lose oneself.

LETS number 137

https://wildheartseducation.wordpress.com/

Will do!  Looking forward to your reply!x

Open All The Boxes

Share this with friends

Recent Posts