Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Looking for a lightweight woven wrap that will be cooler to wear in the summer (maybe getting optimistic after this weekend smile ). I thought a bali breeze would be good, cool to wear and spoilt for choice on the prints, but concerned the gauze material will create uncomfortable pressure points with a 9 month old (21 lb a month ago). Have heard vatanai wovens are cotton so more supportive than gauze but good for hot weather. Exactly how lightweight are they? I don’t want to get another wrap to find it’s not much of a difference. I currently have a storch which is wonderfully supportive but thick.
Ideally I guess I want to hear that bali breezes or other gauze like calin bleu are comfy to wear with babies long past newborn weight.

Alternatively might consider a different kind of sling altogether if wovens and hot weather just don’t mix! Babywearers with summer experience needed!

I loved my Bali Breeze.  I never really noticed pressure points and it was very much lighter than the heavy wraps like a storche.  It was only once DD was too big to wear on my front that it got put away, as I never mastered wearing her on my back.  Had her on my front until she was about 18 months at least.

I only used my gauze wraps with babies past nine months or so (when I could no longer wear my favourite stretchy as comfortably).  They were fine for me up to toddlerhood - not comfortable for an entire day of hiking with a two year old or anything wink but otherwise great.  In my experience you just learn to wrap better - and wrapping with super thick squishy wraps can make you lazy about getting the fabric spread right!

Sarah
Living, loving, learning, laughing, growing, with
8yo Jenna (August 04)
6yo Morgan (December 06)
4yo Rowan (April 09)
and toddling baby Talia (December 11)

http://www.carried-family.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArwenMakes

GP LETS number 17

HELLOi haven’t got either of these but am considering a bara barn for summer as dd2 is nearly walking .last year we had a couple of very sweaty days in our moby!x

Share this with friends

Recent Posts