Issue 97 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

All of mine have been vaxed but I just thought this sounds terrible :-(

Gates Foundation supports ‘health surveillance assistants’ program responsible for pushing vaccines at gunpoint

In January 2010, Melinda Gates took a special trip to Malawi to see how the country was progressing at achieving the United Nation’s Millennium Development Goals, which include “ending poverty” by 2015.

In a video posting at the Gates Foundation website, Melinda lauds Malawi’s efforts to reduce child mortality, which include the establishment of 11,000 “health surveillance assistants” that she says “spend three weeks out in the villages ... providing basic vaccinations ... and they make sure the vaccinations happen not just at the village level, but all the way back through the system” (http://www.gatesfoundation.org/mater…ealth/Pages/me...).

And just how do these “health surveillance assistants” make sure that the vaccinations happen? By forcing villagers to get them at gunpoint which, of course, is not mentioned in Melinda’s video blog. If you simply watch the video and accept it at face value, you will be left with the false impression that the Malawi government’s health initiatives are nothing but benevolent efforts to help people that want it.

In reality, the “health surveillance assistants” that Melinda speaks of are more like health care police that, with the backing of actual armed police, force villagers and those “all the way back through the system,” as Melinda puts it, to get vaccinated whether they want to or not.

And if they refuse, they can literally be arrested and thrown in jail, or potentially even murdered. This is the dirty reality behind the “humanitarian” efforts of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Gates Foundation vaccine campaigns are creating totalitarian health care police states

The message emanating from the likes of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and its partners in Malawi is very clear: accept our vaccines or face legal punishment.

Though it is quickly diminishing even in the US, the freedom to not vaccinate is something that most states still respect, whether it be for personal, religious, or health reasons. But in developing countries that have been targeted by groups like the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, this is simply no longer the case.

The same Malawi Voice article reports that Chipiliro Kalimira, a member of the Seventh Day Apostolic faith that does not believe in vaccines, was arrested and put in prison on a two-year term for refusing to let authorities force the measles vaccine on his three children.

Kalimira cares for a number of orphans at his home in addition to his own children, and has asked the court to be lenient with him, but it refused. Instead, the court sentenced him to 24 months imprisonment with “hard labor.”

Freedom of vaccination choice simply does not fit the agenda of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. And the group, by its very nature, is complicit in helping to establish the types of dictatorial health care police states that are willing to arrest parents for not vaccinating their children, by the mere fact that it continues to support them.

The Gates Foundation will never come right out and say that it supports forced vaccinations at gunpoint—that, of course, would be bad public relations. But by wrapping its “humanitarian” efforts in pleasant rhetoric accompanied by heart-wrenching photos of poor Africans—all while hiding what is really taking place behind the scenes—the Gates Foundation is demonstrating that its efforts are far from benign, and, dare we say, evil.

Sources for this story include:

http://www.malawivoice.com/latest-ne…cinated-at-gun...

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/07/...rtner-in-malaw...

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/033119_va…#ixzz1uqV93cVq

Muslim mum of four, home educating, environmental hypocrite (but doing my best) hodge podging through this life…..

um, none of those links produce work - a conspiracy maybe, after all I am running Windows ....

Frankly this doesn’t sound plausible, one of those addresses seems to imply this new is a year old, we live in a free-ish enough state that someone would have mentioned this via more mainstrean media before now.

? We must live with hearts wide open, hearts wildly open ?

Wild glamping in the mountains of southern Spain ... http://wildsierraglamping.simpl.com/

I did just cut and paste this from another forum, so there is room for conspiracy/exaggeration etc.  But I did actually see the documentary (did anyone else?) and in some areas there was a lot of resistance to the idea of vaccination, and whilst it certainly didn’t show anyone being held at gunpoint the idea of vaxing children where the parents are against it seems very unethical to me.

Muslim mum of four, home educating, environmental hypocrite (but doing my best) hodge podging through this life…..

Well yes, but then it must very difficult when faced with the “God doesn’t want me to give my child this vaccine/life saving organ transplant/blood transfusion etc” brigade not to want to shoot someone. wink Not that I think vaccines should be mandatory or medical procedures carried out against anyone’s will, just that it’s bloody awful when people don’t have rational reasons for refusing them.

Wild glamping in the mountains of southern Spain ... http://wildsierraglamping.simpl.com/

To be honest I find that response quite offensive.  I personally don’t agree with that train of thought either, but it is up to the individual and I think that has to be respected, whether it’s for religious, health, political reasons etc.

ummsalam - 05 June 2012 07:14 PM

To be honest I find that response quite offensive.  I personally don’t agree with that train of thought either, but it is up to the individual and I think that has to be respected, whether it’s for religious, health, political reasons etc.

Really? Then I have 3 words for you….Female Genital Mutilation.

MountainMama - 05 June 2012 09:02 PM
ummsalam - 05 June 2012 07:14 PM

Really? Then I have 3 words for you….Female Genital Mutilation.

Why are those words for me?

Those words are for the debate about whether we should always respect what parents choose to do or deny their children based on their religious or cultural beliefs.

This place is a good place for debate, and I would not and have not directed anything at you personally, please try to see that. But as you have put forth the notion that the beliefs of parents have to be respected I thought I’d put forward what that actually means in practice.

I agree with MountainMama, yes, a parent has the choice to decide whether or not their child receives anything, be that a haircut, vaccinations, an operation, a blood transfusion, FGM, circumcision, whatever… BUT… some of those things make me crazy angry when someone suffers because of them.

A friend whom I was very close to for many years had her son die last year. He was three. He died because she refused to let him have a blood transfusion that could have saved his life. Despite knowing that if M didn’t have it, he would die, she still chose NOT to let him have it for ‘religious’ reasons. I found this very hard to reconcile myself with, and sadly this woman and I are no longer in touch.

Whilst I am all for, in theory, parents having control over their children, there are times when in the real world, decisions made by them for religious or cultural reasons are simply wrong. That’s a strong statement to make, and admittedly, very much coloured by my own experiences in the past, but that’s what I feel.

Just because everyone in your social group/religion/family says it’s right… doesn’t mean it is.

Blue-haired crunchy Mama to Ru (5 yrs), Pixie Willow (3 years) and Baby Gaia (7 months).

Check out the new MamaPixie.com

MamaPixie on ETSY!

MamaPixie on FACEBOOK!

That’s really tragic - and, like you MamaPixie, I think I’d find it very hard to be in contact with someone who thought that way. But I think that’s another debate, though, isn’t it? This original post was about the ethical stance being taken by a very powerful man on vaccinations. It is difficult to find information on this. The conspiracy theories are ridiculous and over the top - but when you look into them in great detail, they also seem to be based in truth. Bill Gates has admitted in interviews that he personally thinks that sterilisation is a potential solution to third world poverty. There are sterilising agents in vaccinations and he funds vaccination programmes. It’s not rocket science. I would recommend the Arnica forum as a very good resource for finding research. Also Dr Mercola, although personally I find his info a little sensational sometimes. The media thing is part of the conspiracy - the individuals and companies who own, direct and fund the vax companies are also the owners and funders of the national and international press. The level of cover-up within the industry is so horrendous that it beggars belief and I really would suggest people do their own research around this. I’ve been reading research on a daily basis for eleven years now and still have yet to feel I know enough about any single vaccine. The simple facts are that there isn’t any research, from any study, that shows vaccines to be effective or safe - even those funded by the medical industries, which are very few and far between. It becomes impossible when you look into the issue to see it as anything other than a financial issue. It’s really scary, and very emotive as it involves children.

We’re away now for a few days so I won’t be posting but just wanted to respond here and didn’t want anyone to think I was ignoring any responses! Love to you all,

Claire xxx

MamaPixie - 06 June 2012 07:07 AM

I agree with MountainMama, yes, a parent has the choice to decide whether or not their child receives anything, be that a haircut, vaccinations, an operation, a blood transfusion, FGM, circumcision, whatever… BUT… some of those things make me crazy angry when someone suffers because of them.

A friend whom I was very close to for many years had her son die last year. He was three. He died because she refused to let him have a blood transfusion that could have saved his life. Despite knowing that if M didn’t have it, he would die, she still chose NOT to let him have it for ‘religious’ reasons. I found this very hard to reconcile myself with, and sadly this woman and I are no longer in touch.

Whilst I am all for, in theory, parents having control over their children, there are times when in the real world, decisions made by them for religious or cultural reasons are simply wrong. That’s a strong statement to make, and admittedly, very much coloured by my own experiences in the past, but that’s what I feel.

Just because everyone in your social group/religion/family says it’s right… doesn’t mean it is.

Sorry, I don’t know how to multi quote so I’ll just quote the last post, lol.

The thing is, what you think is right i might think is wrong and vice versa.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  What one mother thinks is the perfect thing to do another mother might consider it to be horrendous, or an abusive situation.  We have seen that in threads on this board, albeit on a lesser subject such as CIO, co sleeping, BLW etc etc. 

Mountaina Mama, to be honest i was very shocked at your response to me “I have three words for you.  Female Genital Mutilation”.  in honesty I was a bit at loss, the subject was children being vaxed against the parents will, and you suddenly threw that in.  If you had explained that you wanted to debate, i would have understood it, lol, but it was just left at that and that it why I asked you for an explanation. 

The topic of ethics is huge, and again even within an ethics panel there is division.  I had a friend who gave birth to a child with a syndrome, and due to her christian beliefs she felt he had the right to live, but the ethics panel in the hospital did not.  A court case was started, and during this time the nursing staff and doctors in the hospital either ignored them or were very cold.  in the end he died when he was around 8 weeks old.  The point is that they thought they were doing what was right, and an ethics panel thought they were wrong. 

Things change dramatically when it comes to religious ethics, as opposed to social/medical reasons. Even within different religions the ethics codes will differ.  Why is it okay to refuse treatment (for example) on medical grounds but it isn’t okay for religious beliefs?  (this is a genuine Q btw) Some people have such strong beliefs that they give them more weight than conventional medicine/science.  And again, even within medicine and science, there are different schools of thought.  Take the MMR vax for example, there may be doctors who say that it is perfectly safe and others who say it isn’t.

We will never agree with everyone’s choices, and we can approve of them or disaprove, but at the end of the day it is their choice and the consequences are on them.  I personally couldn’t sleep at night knowing that a certain procedure/intervention could have saved my child’s life but I chose not to allow it, but if others can then I personally am willing to leave it at that. 

Re FGM; it is something that I am passionately against and I am involved in groups that educate and speak out against it.  I know of two people who have had it done; one of them when she was in her mid teens and she required hospitalization afterwards because of bleeding and infection, but strangely she doesn’t hold anything against her mother, saying that in those days in her village everyone got it done so she didn’t know any better.  I don’t know what really can be done to educate those who live very primitively and who have practiced this for thousands of years sadly; on one video i watched an elderly “circumciser” was telling the presenter that if a girl keeps her clitoris then it will grow up over her head, suffocate her and then the world will end.  If many people believe this and they don’t have access to education, television, media etc for a different view point then sadly the cycle will continue and girls will grow up thinking that this is a normal, healthy practice (perhaps inspite of their initial trauma).

Share this with friends

Recent Posts