Issue 92 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hi

I’ve recently bought a Mayan ring sling from ebay, I’ve been to a sling meet and got the idea of adjusting the rails for the right support etc (although I didn’t have my sling with me at the time).  Now trying it at home it seems that the fabric is cutting in to the back of baby’s knees.  I’m not sure how to get the right support to make sure he doesn’t bum pop without this happening.  Does anyone have any ideas or tips?

Nancy x

Mum to Rudy (2005), Sid (2006) and Vincent (2012)
Trying my hardest to raise kind, loving and helpful boys.

Is ur baby’s bum in line with knees,proper sitting,sorry no other advice,I’m sure someone else will come and help.but if you think his bu. Will pop out there may not be enough fabric underneath x

Yes I think so.  I’m reaching down through his legs and pulling the fabric up (trying to aim for belly button).  Its not that I think his bum will pop out, maybe I’m just conscious of that being one of the possible problems.  Maybe I’m being over careful so there’s too much fabric rucking up under his knees. hmmm

I have a freedom sling. Are they similar because i occasionally have the same problem.

Beki - 12 July 2012 04:02 PM

I have a freedom sling. Are they similar because i occasionally have the same problem.

I have a sakura bloom and i also have this problem when we’re doing legs out. We tend to do legs in at the moment as he’s still small but if he’s awake he wants to stretch so i try legs out but it appears the same as you, that the material’s cutting into his legs. No help at all. Just interested to read replies. X

Beki - 12 July 2012 04:02 PM

Yes I guess they are, just different brands.  I wonder if ring slings just work better for toddlers with longer thighs to spread the fabric out over?!

Share this with friends

Recent Posts