Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

any advise for caring twins ? not me but for a friend what would you suggest to use

when life gives you a rainy day play in the puddles !!!
mum to 4 sons 13,7,4 and 2
a daughter 8 years ,
and always in my heart my angel xx

From what I have seen from a friend carrying side by side in ring slings or front and back when old enough in complimentary carriers so the straps don’t fall in exactly the same places.  Or if with someone else carry one each, alternate when they need feeding.

Also from carrying two of different ages, strap a bag across before you put on the carriers.
Drink plenty of water and don’t put a coat on you will cook lol, gloves if it’s cold or long wristwarmers are useful but maybe not till autumn or in the evenings.

Hope that helps,
sarie

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.

LETS number 64

a friend has 6 month old twins, which carriers should i show her ??? her bouble buggy annoys her some times so i think its for short trips may be

when life gives you a rainy day play in the puddles !!!
mum to 4 sons 13,7,4 and 2
a daughter 8 years ,
and always in my heart my angel xx

For a 6 month old that can hold their head up there’s a huge range of carriers, for me the connecta and Papatum doubled up well front and back, the one I tried of yours (sorry can’t remember the name) would work instead of the Patapum. 

Also a wrap style mei tei on the front and rusksack wrap on the back would work but it depends on individual babies and her confidence.

Do you have a sling meet near you you could tell her about?

Have to say that carrying is so much easier than a double buggy, been out with friends who have one and getting round shops is no fun!
sarie

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.

LETS number 64

I’d definately say two ssc’s would be easiest. Not tried both together but ergo and patapum are quite thin so would prob be better than some of the more bulky ones like beco/boba. Or maybe just carry one and single buggy other then alternate?

Share this with friends

Recent Posts