Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

We are going to be off camping but will take some things to do with us smile

We are going away with like minded pagan family who also have children so am looking for inspiration for a couple of kiddie crafts although we are taking stuff for corn dollies.

Other than that, relaxing in the field, taking it easy, watching the sunset at the stone circle that the campsite overlooks and a shared meal smile

What are your plans?
sarie

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.

LETS number 64

We’re going to have a family meal, other than that, we haven’t made any plans! They’ll probably be bread based though! x

Blue-haired crunchy Mama to Ru (5 yrs), Pixie Willow (3 years) and Baby Gaia (7 months).

Check out the new MamaPixie.com

MamaPixie on ETSY!

MamaPixie on FACEBOOK!

We’re off at the OBOD Lughnasadh Camp, so should be plenty of ritual and celebration with our OBOD tribe!!

Liz grin x

Druid, boat-dwelling, home educating mum of DD1 (11), Aspie DS (9) and baby DD2 (2), & part-time step-mum to 2 stepdaughters, 9 and 7.

Ooh enjoy Julysea smile

I think we will be baking the same bargain bread Emi wink

sarie

LETS number 64

I’m rather luckily going to glastonbury goddess conference this year! Its tugging on my heart strings a bit as it means being without dd but as I’ve not got long left of this pregnancy to go and there are lots of mother rising and birth workshops I’ve decided to go. I feel very lucky though. On the actual day though me and little one are going to make some corn dollies and salt dough painting x

Ooh lucky you, I went with my Mum and had a lot of fun smile

sarie

LETS number 64

Thank you for the reminder,  I need to give this some thought.  wink

I’d love to make corn dollies but this is the sort of thing I never get organised enough to do - anyone care to share a link to good instructions and where to get materials? Assume one gathers them but where from?

? We must live with hearts wide open, hearts wildly open ?

Wild glamping in the mountains of southern Spain ... http://wildsierraglamping.simpl.com/

The friends we are camping with live surrounded by a big field growing corn, luckily they rent from the farmer and have asked him if they can take a few stalks, I have previously taken them from the very edge of the field where thy wouldn’t be able to be harvested from so see it as the waste if that makes sense?

I don’t have instructions but I am sure there are plenty online smile
sarie

LETS number 64

Thanks. Unfortunately no crop fields just sheep around here…

? We must live with hearts wide open, hearts wildly open ?

Wild glamping in the mountains of southern Spain ... http://wildsierraglamping.simpl.com/

Then gather wool from the fences and make something from it?
I have always seen festials as a good reason to make the most of where you live and get to know what to do with things you can forage, like wool in this case smile

sarie

LETS number 64

This year as every year, making corn dollies, flowerpot bread, some salt dough harvest mice,  a picnic tea sititng in the hayfield then once children in bed a few properity and thanks rituals and spells for the harvest ahead of us. Some local cider/apple juice is usually sourced, so a trip to Brogdale near Faversham too.
Julysea very jealous you are going to the OBOD camp, I am in training smile So will be there in spirit and listening to some Damh the Bard
xx

We just make a harvest loaf, and sometimes corn dollies too if we can get hold of some corn, but I found this article with some rituals for those interested.
http://www.goddessandgreenman.co.uk/lammas

We would usually try to use lots of our garden produce in our evening meal, but ha, the only produce this year has pretty much already been eaten by the children (fail).  :S

Love and blessings to you all.  smile

Sarah
Living, loving, learning, laughing, growing, with
8yo Jenna (August 04)
6yo Morgan (December 06)
4yo Rowan (April 09)
and toddling baby Talia (December 11)

http://www.carried-family.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArwenMakes

GP LETS number 17

elderflowery - 26 July 2012 05:36 PM

Julysea very jealous you are going to the OBOD camp, I am in training smile So will be there in spirit and listening to some Damh the Bard
xx

I’ve just started the Ovate grade and my partner is also mid-Ovate - the OBOD camps are great, this is my third, try and come to one they’re very friendly!

Liz grin x

Druid, boat-dwelling, home educating mum of DD1 (11), Aspie DS (9) and baby DD2 (2), & part-time step-mum to 2 stepdaughters, 9 and 7.

Share this with friends

Recent Posts