Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

We use a mei tai for back carries at home but i’d never leave the house with it as it is far from flattering for a large boobed lady! Which sling do you use for back carries? X

I use a mei tai too. Just wondered why you find it unflattering, how do you tie it? When I tie mine, it doesn’t go across my boobs, it’s more rucksack style, is that still not great for large boobs?

Mummy to 4 little pixies: Seren (feb 08), Merri (may 09), Nerys (june 11) & Lyra (April 13)

http://www.crystals-and-ice.co.uk/ My sister’s amazing bead shop

A mei tai, but do a ruck carry/tie, instead of crossing it over. My DH does this to stop it from making him look like he has man-boobs.

Blue-haired crunchy Mama to Ru (5 yrs), Pixie Willow (3 years) and Baby Gaia (7 months).

Check out the new MamaPixie.com

MamaPixie on ETSY!

MamaPixie on FACEBOOK!

the babyhawk oh snap was by far the best sling i found for back carries, so comfy and great adjustable chest strap (have the same big boob problem with tie up straps!) can pick one up for quite a good price on natural mamas fsot.
xx

Heggle - 25 October 2012 05:39 AM

I use a mei tai too. Just wondered why you find it unflattering, how do you tie it? When I tie mine, it doesn’t go across my boobs, it’s more rucksack style, is that still not great for large boobs?

Well, if I have it cross over style (which I find the most comfortable) I have bits of boob sticking out all over the place!!  LOL  But if I do rucksack style my boobs are squished together and again not the most flattering!! Ha ha!! - Also I find rucksack style really pulls on my back - I guess the cross over supports him more across my chest rather than just on my shoulders.

LucyF…I will check out the babyhawk…thank you! x x x

I use a Patapum (cheaper than an Ergo!).

Skye-Blu - 25 October 2012 08:30 AM

Well, if I have it cross over style (which I find the most comfortable) I have bits of boob sticking out all over the place!!  LOL  But if I do rucksack style my boobs are squished together and again not the most flattering!! Ha ha!! - Also I find rucksack style really pulls on my back - I guess the cross over supports him more across my chest rather than just on my shoulders.

LucyF…I will check out the babyhawk…thank you! x x x

Ah, I see! I used to find ruck carry pulled on my shoulders but then I started tying it tighter, and making sure I got the straps tied securely on my waist to spread the weigh more to my hips. Doesn’t help with the boob squishing though!

Mummy to 4 little pixies: Seren (feb 08), Merri (may 09), Nerys (june 11) & Lyra (April 13)

http://www.crystals-and-ice.co.uk/ My sister’s amazing bead shop

I mostly use Woven Wraps, I find them the most comfiest

Share this with friends

Recent Posts