Issue 92 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I hope you don’t mind me spreading the word about this petition. I was just sent a link to it.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/defragovuk-abolish-the-use-of-the-captive-bolt-gun-to-destroy-greyhounds-in-the-uk?utm_medium=email&utm_source=action_alert

It is calling on DEFRA to ban the use of bolt guns to kill greyhounds. I was not aware of how unregulated this racing industry is and it seems to me this petition might be a good step on the road to safeguard the welfare of the greyhounds. Some of the stories in the background info are just horrible.

Extract from the petition text:
“Attempted destruction of greyhounds by bolt has resulted in innocent dogs being left to suffer in agony for hours, before being found and taken to a veterinary surgery to be finally put to sleep by lethal injection.”

Thank you for signing and spreading this petition:-)

Therese

Signed…

Just signed also - although surely it must be illegal to dystroy a healthy dog for no good reason. I’m sure the inhumane owners will continue to use cheap illegal methods. Sorry to sound so negative about this. I hope the petition does help make a difference.

Just signed too. I’ve heard about this recently from someone who used to race greyhounds (he said they usually enjoy racing). It’s sickening to know that they are being abused and killed. I too wonder how this is still legal.

Share this with friends

Recent Posts