Issue 92 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Babygirl is 6m on Thurs and we have been offering solids (BLW) for 2 weeks… She’s got a lot more into it the last week and as there has been no poo for 4 days I think she must be taking some in. I’m struggling at night though as she seems to wake if on her back after just 10mins. She only normally sleeps in her cot next to our bed until she wakes after we are in bed and then joins us.. But the last few nights she’s really cranked up the wake ups and feeds to the extent of me going up and down the stairs 5 times in 40 mins before giving up and letting her sleep in my arms downstairs.
She’s waking more when in bed with us too.. I’m shattered.
If you think this could be due to missing poo.. Any tips on how to get her moving?! I would really like my little evening break back so I can carry on learning to knit and use sewing machine and catch up with my husband etc etc. I’ve only got the time to write this as I’m currently sitting on side of bed with her asleep on feeding cushion on my lap!
So tired, can’t remember if I’m posting this in breastfeeding or natural health!!

Mummy to Lirys June 2010 and Seren June 2012
Novice knitter, sewing is coming on, and doing not too badly growing own veg…while babywearing, Instagraming, cloth nappying, and toddler toddlying, oh, and preserving and decluttering and preparing for a BIG move.

Have you tried a little diluted apple juice? It worked for DS2 when he seemed a bit constipated and tummy achy. I never thought I’d be so glad to see a poo before I was a mummy lol. X

Happy mama to Ed, Max, Tilly and Ben. Still learning every day.

How much did you dilute it by?
Thanks

Novice knitter, sewing is coming on, and doing not too badly growing own veg…while babywearing, Instagraming, cloth nappying, and toddler toddlying, oh, and preserving and decluttering and preparing for a BIG move.

I used 50:50 water to apple juice as my DS2 was about 4 months and I didn’t want to upset his tummy as he hasn’t had anything other than breast milk before. I hope it helps. X

Happy mama to Ed, Max, Tilly and Ben. Still learning every day.

at 6 months I would not worry about offering a small amount of good quality pure fresh apple juice. it sounds like a growth spurt and baby is using ever bit of the milk they are getting.

when life gives you a rainy day play in the puddles !!!
mum to 4 sons 13,7,4 and 2
a daughter 8 years ,
and always in my heart my angel xx

I would have thought growth spurt too, but I don’t think she’s taking as much in the day.. Though of course she is taking bits if solids in the day.. Hmmm. She’s very long.. Has been pretty much going from one spurt to another..
Well, that’s what HV suggested she’s doing 5 weeks ago..

Not sure if it helps but my little goirl did this regularlyfrom about 6m, getting particularly bad about 8 months. She would often only poo maybe once a week and bf soo much day and night. It passed after she walked around 13months and got all her teeth. So hard isnt it xx

smile Mummy to DS born March 08 and DD born July 2010 smile

GP Lets No 119

Have you tried gentle massage, that always seems to help x

Thanks everyone! I gave her some clementine pieces at breakfast and then this afternoon juiced an apple and gave her about 6mls… Few hours later we had a result!! Result includes a large piece of pear skin .. Poor girl! Hoping for a more settled night but we may also still have a growth spurt going on…
Thanks again. Love my juicer even more now!

Share this with friends

Recent Posts