Issue 92 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

just wondered if I had my settings wrong

I find it so easy to kind of lose a discussion I’ve been enjoying, just because more posts come along.

A lot of fora have an option to see active conversations which is basically the fifteen or so with the most recent posts.

Do we have that option and if not, might it be something that could be possible?

I’ve often wondered this too - it would be great. I sometimes feel inclined just to start a new thread instead of continue an old one which seems a bit buried

learning every day from small bear July ‘08, and baby bee April ‘12

There is a “view today’s active topics” link above the bit with all the most recent new threads on, that you can click on but it doesn’t always seem to show all the ones with new posts, or maybe that’s just me. Agree, would be great if there was something that showed you the last 15, regardless of day etc

Mummy to 4 little pixies: Seren (feb 08), Merri (may 09), Nerys (june 11) & Lyra (April 13)

http://www.crystals-and-ice.co.uk/ My sister’s amazing bead shop

@heggle yes have tried that but I only seem to get maybe three hits and they are often a bit random.

Its possible, though fiddly, to find the threads you’ve posted on, but the problem for me is that sometimes I just want to watch an interesting thread, I might have nothing to contribute but still want to hear what others have to say.

I guess the other thing would be that if a lot of people are interested in a topic I suppose its arguably worth keeping it in view for as long as possible.

Hi, you can always subscribe to a thread. Unfortunately the colour of the link text is green?? (I’ll get that changed). Just hover your mouse over the right hand end of the green bar and you will see ‘Subscribe to this thread’ highlighted. Then you can go to your control panel and see all your subscriptions which you can delete if you need to, alternatively you can unsubscribe by clicking the green bar again.
Hope this helps.
Jez

Jez Harris - 18 January 2013 11:58 AM

Hi, you can always subscribe to a thread. Unfortunately the colour of the link text is green?? (I’ll get that changed). Just hover your mouse over the right hand end of the green bar and you will see ‘Subscribe to this thread’ highlighted. Then you can go to your control panel and see all your subscriptions which you can delete if you need to, alternatively you can unsubscribe by clicking the green bar again.
Hope this helps.
Jez

Wow, thanks that’s great!

I think the forum is laid out very well, but inevitably some threads will be lost however it is done.  I would prefer the ‘most popular’ on the rhs of the main forum page to be ‘most popular in last 7 days’ or something similar, if it would be possible to make that an option?

Husband to an amazing wife and learning all the time from twins boys (Dec 2007) and their younger brother (March 2011)

That does help, thanks jez

I think the other problem though is that its easy just not to get to see a thread. I know with my friends who are on here, we might be talking and someone will say “did you read that thread” and unless you happened to have been on GP at that hour, sometimes, it will have disappeared on the active convos and you won’t know about it.

Think DaddyTom’s idea is a good one. Another option might be (do we have this?) to choose not to see certain topics, or only to see certain topics, in the line up. So you could opt out of buying/selling or, say for those of us with older kids, topics very specific to those with babies.

Jez Harris - 18 January 2013 11:58 AM

Hope this helps.
Jez

See what you mean about the green link text lol I was sitting here thinking “I can’t see any blummin link!”

That’s helpful to know, thank you smile

Yep sorry about that, I’ll get it fixed next week and look into some of the suggestions above. Have a great w/e all, off to play in the snow in the dark!!

ah, enjoy, we’ve been enjoying that too grin

Share this with friends

Recent Posts