Issue 95 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

It’s coming round quickly wink yippppeee
Still 2 places left, last weekend in April, £59, trip to wonderwool on Saturday

So, organising
Dinners -
Fri - fish n chips ?
Sat - meal out ?
Sun - pub lunch ?

Bring & Share,
Tea bags
Coffee
Milk
Bread
Butter
Biscuits
Cakes
Snacks
Wine, cider, beer wink

If we could all bring a little bit of this and that to share for breakfast, snacks etc, list here what you’re bringing
Do we need loo rolls ?
Remember sleeping bags, duvets etc
Any other thoughts ?

One Happy Mama
http://abigsmile4.blogspot.com/

Lets Number - 3

I thought I would bring a black pudding down - seem to remember KM saying they had breakfast packs too I’ll bring a jar of Barley cup and some wee cans of Morgan’s. I won’t be able to carry much on the plane, but we can pick up stuff there or on the way.
Anything else I should bring from here?
Meal plan sounds perfect - can’t wait. Xx

I so wish I could come on this but P is just too little leave. Ah well, maybe another year smile

Oh how I am green with envy everytime a thread comes up with yurt in it!!
Think it needs to be an annual outing so I can come once I am no longer a milk tanker!!!!!
Don’t forget your candles and knitting…..what else could you need?

Woo hoo!
Meal plan sounds perfect to me too x

Bring and share is a great idea, are we doing a different thing for each yurt though for the basics? I think that would be easier than trying to share tea bags and coffee between the two kitchen areas/yurts. And you don’t want to keep me from my coffee in the morning lol!

Similar to Jacqui, I’m on the train so limited to what I can carry with a bag and a sleeping bag, but happy to bring something or stop nearby to pick things up if that’s an option with you Denise after train station?

ETA: Oops I didn’t list what I would bring ... errr .. okay need to think about it a bit more with what space I have.
I will bring coffee - is there a stove top coffee maker or shall I bring Instant (Kenco) (will go and check the website for what is there)

I shall bring booze wink

One Happy Mama

Lets Number - 3

I shall bring cider and plenty of it!
I can bring some cookies/yummy nibblies..might be able to manage a cake too..have we any nut allergies coming? I do gluten free but often use nuts as a sub for the flour..
I will also bring gf bread for me for toast for brekkie..anyone else need gf?
I will bring redbush tea also..

meal plan sounds good to me..
hadnt thought about bedding..glad you reminded me!  just had a look on the site at what to bring..must pack my headtorch too :o) toilets rools are included btw..

I’m driving so if people dont want to bring for instance, towels, if they are travelling light I am more than happy to bring along extras…. or anything else…please just ask!

re the 2 spare spaces i have a couple of friends i could open it out to, not GP forum members but like-minded..would that be ok or would you rather I didnt..

feeling excited now!

mummyk x

happy mummy at last to DD born March 2006..and DS born sept 2007..wonderful fabulous gifts. living as green as possible but always striving to be better!home edding and loving it!

LETS no 116

Think I’ve filled one of the places
Please mention it to your friends though mummyk, see what they think
Will bring sleeping bag & pillow for Jacqui
Happy to stop & shop on way wink
Xx

One Happy Mama

Lets Number - 3

Hi
I’ve still got some sloe gin in the larder, and if there’s room in the car Mama4 I’ll stick in some milk in a cool bag. I’ll bring porridge and syrup too!
And maybe a little bit of yarn and needles!
Gil
xx

No allergies here MummyK, and I was thinking of bringing a cake - fruit, lemon drizzle or something like that. Looks like we are going to be well sorted smile Blackpudding, booze, cake and coffee - what else do we need - oh yes, maybe some knitting - lol
I am happy for you to speak to your friend too.
Thanks Mama4.
Hope to see you soon ladies xx

am I the only non-knitter?! might need a lesson just so i have something to do with my fingers! my mum has kntted for years but i never have, she nearly fell off her chair when i said i was going to a wool festival lol! but hey, one is always ready for a new experience! do you think i need to buy a ticket ahead of time or can you just pay on the door? is it usualy a sellout?! only asking cos I’m a scatty one and would prob leave the ticket at home by mistake!
mummyk

happy mummy at last to DD born March 2006..and DS born sept 2007..wonderful fabulous gifts. living as green as possible but always striving to be better!home edding and loving it!

LETS no 116

mama4 - 26 March 2013 09:54 PM

Will bring sleeping bag & pillow for Jacqui
Happy to stop & shop on way wink
Xx

Oh I hadn’t thought about a pillow - would you have spare and space to take another mama4? Can bring a cover but a pillow will be a pita! Have a lovely warm new sleeping bag all ready!

If you’re happy to stop and shop on the way I’ll just pick up some contributions that way, less to carry on the train, more room for knitting, spindles and fluffy goodness. I’ll bring some spare spindles if anyone fancies a spin.

Remember to bring your re-useable shopping bags ladies, as many vendors won’t have bags to give at Wonderwool wink

mummyk - 27 March 2013 10:03 AM

am I the only non-knitter?! might need a lesson just so i have something to do with my fingers! my mum has kntted for years but i never have, she nearly fell off her chair when i said i was going to a wool festival lol! but hey, one is always ready for a new experience! do you think i need to buy a ticket ahead of time or can you just pay on the door? is it usualy a sellout?! only asking cos I’m a scatty one and would prob leave the ticket at home by mistake!
mummyk

You can do either - advance ticket or on the day, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone being turned away.

Oh and I’m sure we can all get you knitting or something over the weeend x

Fingers crossed both places filled x
Yep, can do pillows
Xx

One Happy Mama

Lets Number - 3

I was hoping to be able to meet up with you all at Wonderwool.  But it looks like I’m not going to be able to tolerate standing for that long.  So am having to give wonderwool a miss, along with meeting up with you all.  Have a wonderful time, will be thinking of you all.

Hello! Super busy here these next two weeks as we are in the middle of building our eco roundhouise for forest tots.

Been having a look at the Kite hill website and it looks like we don’t need pillows or pillow cases - if you look carefully on the what to bring pasge the left hand list is ‘what we provide’ and the rh list is what you need. So we only need to bring…..

?Sleeping bags or duvets (with covers)
? Wellies
? Slippers (no outdoor shoes inside the yurts please)
? Torches
? Food & Drink
(There is a small honesty shop on site and you can pre-order some locally produced groceries from our smallholder friends and neighbours.
? Towels
? Tea towels

I will bring cake, chocolate (G&B), hot choc, redbush tea, and anything else anybody wants me to.

I am not yet decided which nights I will be able to make it. DS3 is being a velcro toddler at the mo, and I am really not sure how far to push it! what time on the Friday are folks arriving?

I am happy for fish and chips fri if I make it, a meal out Sat night and sunday lunch somewhre. Would we need to book? There will be quite a few of us…..

Share this with friends

Recent Posts