Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I’ve found a fab sounding cake with blueberries and polenta but have never used it in cakes before - what is the texture like ? does it make the cakes heavy ??  confused

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

polenta is gluten free and has a grainy texture, sort of sandy and therefore needs mositure, ie. from fruit.  When cooked with fruit syrup, juice or soft fruit the cakes will be dense, heavy and moist but a little crumbly on the edges.  Sound like you recipe will be lovely with a dollop of clotted cream or yoghurt, yum.

We use this in many recipes in Italy and its great for celiacs too or those not eating wheat.

Go for it and tell me how it turns out xx

Sharon

Sharon, Homeloving, veg growing, intuitive Mummy of 2
http://bellaterra1.blogspot.com/

Is your cat back yet?  xx Sorry for butting in to this thread.

My blog;  life-in-the-outer-hebrides.blogspot.co.uk/

Cat gone, we spotted him twice but when approached he ran off (limped).  We just hope that he’ll heal and return, or that he has gone to sleep quietly.  Still v. sad x Thanks for asking, really appreciated. x

Sharon, Homeloving, veg growing, intuitive Mummy of 2
http://bellaterra1.blogspot.com/

So sad, hope he comes home xx

My blog;  life-in-the-outer-hebrides.blogspot.co.uk/

Toscanamama - 19 May 2013 08:09 AM

polenta is gluten free and has a grainy texture, sort of sandy and therefore needs mositure, ie. from fruit.  When cooked with fruit syrup, juice or soft fruit the cakes will be dense, heavy and moist but a little crumbly on the edges.  Sound like you recipe will be lovely with a dollop of clotted cream or yoghurt, yum.

We use this in many recipes in Italy and its great for celiacs too or those not eating wheat.

Go for it and tell me how it turns out xx

Sharon

Just taken it out of the oven - looks and smells gorgeous !! am icing it later with lemon curd cream and a few more blueberries - my chief tasters will be home from school soon to give the official verdict !!!

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

Share this with friends

Recent Posts