Issue 92 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Im reading a lot of conflixting advice on this. I have many tattoos but my friend has just recently finished his apprenticeship and flying solo and would like to tattoo me
i read that the ink molecules are too large to pass into the milk.. Gas anyone been tattooed while bf or know more about it? My last tattoo i wasnt bf x

Interesting question! I found this post on LLL about it. I think the answer is yes although it’s a bit confusing!

http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/lvfebmar05p3.html

Pondwatcher

I have had quite a few tattoo’s while bf. The ink particles can not pass to the milk and it causes no harm to the baby. The main concern is how hygienic the artist/studio is, and how to look after it to prevent infection. You just have to be super, super careful. I always take longer to heal after when bf, so I carry on the cleaning routine for longer, just to be sure.

Proud Mummy to our gorgeous new daughter Rowan born July 2011

GP Lets no 134

Pendulous Threads - handmade bags and accesories

Thanks. Of course steility is massively important but then it is for anyone…bf or not!!  my tattooist who does most of my work is very reputanle. My friemd is tattooing i a mitual friends studio..also people i trust. Interessting to hear about longer healing time though x

Share this with friends

Recent Posts