Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Has anyone watched the you tube video titled ‘Embarrassed’ by Hollie McNish?

It’s about breastfeeding in public and I thought it was very good and to the point

Maybe some of the rude people I encounter will watch it!!

Mommy of a gorgeous little boy born Nov 2012

http://florenceandh.wordpress.com/ My new blog, mainly for my husband to see our adventures

I havent seen it. But i will. In nearly 4 years of breastfeeding i have never had a rude remark even when feeding my nearly 2 year old in public. Some odd looks, yes, but fortunately no one has felt they needed to voice yheir displeasure! Im sorry you have had x

Yes I have - it made me cry! How messed up that it’s ok for breasts to be on display on posters/magazines/newspapers but not when feeding a child! I know many new mums who stop breastfeeding earlier than they would have otherwise because they are too embarrassed to breast feed in public. So sad and the formula companies are laughing all the way to the bank! xxx

Home-Edding, BFing, Co-sleeping, Carrying & Cloth-nappying Gentle Mama to Lovely Leo (Apr 07) and Beautiful Ella (Mar 12)

Love the video, I didn’t have the confidence to feed in public but really hope this time around I will!

Share this with friends

Recent Posts