Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Ok so I’ve been bitten many a time by older babies, but my brand new 9 week old is repeatedly biting me and it really hurts! Any tips for such a young baby. I’ve tried taking her straight off but I think she is too tiny to make the association…

AJ x

Eta- I mean biting when feeding, not random biting lol

Pixie 4 has been doing this for the last 3 or 4 weeks (she’s 13weeks), and I’m sure the others didn’t start until much later. I’ve just been doing the take her off and tell her please don’t bite. Don’t think it’s working, but I’m not sure what else to do and at least I feel like I’m doing something then. Sorry, not really any help at all!

Mummy to 4 little pixies: Seren (feb 08), Merri (may 09), Nerys (june 11) & Lyra (April 13)

http://www.crystals-and-ice.co.uk/ My sister’s amazing bead shop

Hi! I have no personal experience in this but read somewhere that if you press the baby firmly against your breast they should stop biting. If you are on facebook there is a very good group called Beautiful Breastfeeding and you can post a question there. I always got lots of good advice there re. breastfeeding.
Good luck.

Yes, i think the idea is if you press their heads towards the breast their instinct is to let go to breathe!!

Share this with friends

Recent Posts