Issue 95 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

We have finally moved and are currently on the Kennet & Avon Canal just to the west of Theale, making our way very slowly (about 5km every 2 weeks) to Devizes and then coming back again. Anyone in that area fancy meeting up some time? Especially interested in making contact with any HE-ers in the area as it’s very daunting to try and find a brand new HE community without knowing anyone at all!

Liz grin x

Druid, boat-dwelling, home educating mum of DD1 (11), Aspie DS (9) and baby DD2 (2), & part-time step-mum to 2 stepdaughters, 9 and 7.

Hi julysea, I’m not far from west Berkshire, We haven’t looked into any he groups here properly so I can’t help with that but maybe we could meet up later in the year when I will hopefully be driving and we are able to travel further afield than we do now! X

Unschooling Mama to River (7), Rain (4) and Blossom (2) xx

I never knew you were in that area! We were in Staines for 18 months, could have met up then! Keep me posted when you’re more mobile!

Liz grin x

Druid, boat-dwelling, home educating mum of DD1 (11), Aspie DS (9) and baby DD2 (2), & part-time step-mum to 2 stepdaughters, 9 and 7.

Definately! Will you be settling down in the area for a while? X

Unschooling Mama to River (7), Rain (4) and Blossom (2) xx

No we are constantly on the move but will be in this area every few months or so I think!

Liz grin x

Hi, yes we are in west berks near hungerford. There is a small home ed community around, i saw you join our local home ed facebook group yesterday and said hi! there are a handful of families in reading and there is a group that meets in tilehurst so not far from theale think its every two weeks called naturally educating have you joined the berkshire home ed group too? There is also a group that meets in east reading called ERAPA think thats still every friday but you’d get more info on the berkshire group facebook page. Hope to meet you at some point smile

Lucy x

Aha, that was you who said hi! Thanks for the info, I will join the Berkshire group too!

ETA - actually I can’t find the Berkshire Home Ed fb page - have you got a link?

Liz grin x

Share this with friends

Recent Posts