Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

so B announced on saturday at bedtime that she’s “done with mummy milk now” (despite saying just a few weeks ago that she’s “never going to stop having it - it’s just so TASTY!”  smile ) and hasn’t asked since. she was only having a few seconds on one side and a bit more on the other, but i’m suddenly feeling a bit of a wobble that in a day or so she will want to nurse and i won’t be able to - how long does it take? i can’t believe that, having thought it would be such a relief when she weaned, and wishing that i didn’t have to do every single bedtime, i’m now a bit sad to think that time might be over…..i know, it’s part and parcel of the journey but still…..
x

In my experience, that could just be it - she’s ready and so that’s that. Or she might ask again in another few days, weeks or even months. If she does, then you can offer, which the explanation that there may not be any milk left. Children seem to understand this. Just go with what she wants and congratulate yourself on a job well done! xx

Liz grin x

Druid, boat-dwelling, home educating mum of DD1 (11), Aspie DS (9) and baby DD2 (2), & part-time step-mum to 2 stepdaughters, 9 and 7.

My youngest feeds very sporadically these days, once a day or once a week or even once a month, there is always milk.  She turned four in May and I keep thinking she has stopped, then she will ask for milk again!  wink

thanks ladies, i always imagined even a break of a few days would be enough to make me dry up, guess we’ll see. now the next challenge - finding a bedtime routine that doesn’t make me want to pack my bags and leave! (it’s NOT a good night =(  )
x

Depends on the woman how long it takes to dry up, and how much you have been feeding beforehand I think!
If she asks again and you don’t want it dragging on, you can just say the milk is gone now.

Share this with friends

Recent Posts