Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited, my boys 11 & 8 are not going back to school in September, a decision that the whole family is thrilled with.

It’s exciting, scary, liberating etc etc but we know it’s the right thing for them.

My question is what do I need to put in the letter to the council to inform them??

Any advice gratefully received xxx

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

How exciting for you all. I know you have wanted to do this for a long while smile
No advice, as Scottish law is different and you have to request permission to de-register here. I am sure someone will be along with an answer soon.
xxx

So glad you are all excited about it.

I found a template letter on the Education Otherwise website which I used as a basis for our de-reg letter. Sorry I can’t find the link on my phone but I don’t remember it being difficult to find.

Sarah x

Hi
So exciting, we took ours out 2-3 years ago and haven’t looked back.
All councils are different, but here in Lincolnshire I sent a letter to the school, it is then their responsibility to tell the education authority. For us, a month or so later a lady came round to confirm that I was home educating them, and that they had our details correct, nothing more complicated than that and apparently they now give out an info booklet with ideas, contacts, etc too. Then, once a year someone comes to visit for an hour or so just to make sure we are doing something ( but no assessments.on the children, no expectations or anything) and they send us a little report saying that we are doing well and the children are happy.
Good luck and enjoy it!
Gill
X

Thanks for your replies girls, I am really looking forward to this journey, the boys are happier already now that the decision has been made xx

Home Eding Mama of 2 gorgeous boys! Trying to live magically on this wild and crazy earth.

Share this with friends

Recent Posts