Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hi all,
Looking for some advice please. Can anyone recommend home Ed books. I’d like some that give schedules ideas , plans etc per age and also looking for books that talk about home edding in general.
I’ve just had to take my 4 yr old out of school as they have changed her teacher to one I saw shaking a child last year. I have been in talks with the education board and they say they can’t do anything, the head has told them I am blowing things out of proportion and goodness knows what else. It’s my word against hers so she stays. So frustrated. I have looked at lots of other schools but don’t have faith in any of them have heard so many bad stories here. My oldest is in the school and doesn’t come into contact with this woman and is very happy where she is so she can stay where she is for now. But just in case the whole thing explodes I’d like to be prepared to have them both at home. It’s not as easy here as it is in the uk and i’d have to declare it and have regular inspections where they decide whether I’m educating them to their standards and if I’m not then they can force me to send them to school.
So recommendations on home edding books please ladies.
Thanks
Wish I was back in the uk (didn’t think I’d ever say that again)

Wandermob
SAHM to Tillie 21/09/2007 and Ivy 31/08/2009.

The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think - rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men.  ~Bill Beattie

Little Sis - Google, Ross Mountney - there’s blogs etc plus this is a good read:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Learning-without-School-Home-Education/dp/184310685X

Big Sis x

Share this with friends

Recent Posts