Issue 91 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I have done nothing wrong that I know of, I have followed TB guidance, and yet new Easy Fits stay leak free for just weeks with me, Then even after stripping and tumbling most of them still leak after just 2-3 hours. They all only ever leak near the elastics down on the crotch.. the side bits not covered by the absorbent core. THis batch, the oldest are 6months and bought new by me after I sold on my fitteds.
Do you think they just don’t last long and do this for most people? Brand new ones (just got the new Frugi prints) don’t leak at all, any other leave a wet vest and tights / leggings 99% of the time.
I have a blueberry delux that I bought with a discount code after people raved about them.. it’s not leaked so far, but will it????
I need to be 100% happy with my nappy stash before the end of Jan as will be moving to where there are none.
Any observations / experiences?

Mummy to Lirys June 2010 and Seren June 2012
Novice knitter, sewing is coming on, and doing not too badly growing own veg…while babywearing, Instagraming, cloth nappying, and toddler toddlying, oh, and preserving and decluttering and preparing for a BIG move.

2-3 hrs is about right for changing a cloth nappy to be honest. You could try going up in size of vests, as tight vests can cause compression and wicking, but most kids will wee withon a two hour period, so changing them then is sensible.

Angie

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WashedUpFamily Sea Glass Jewellery from the beautiful South Coast[/color]

http://washedupfamily.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/NannieCool , http://nanniecool.yolasite.com Nannie Cool - for beautiful slings, playsilks, toys, nappy wraps and accessories made by Grace’s Nannie. All designs are “Approved by Grace”

http://bournemouthattachmentparents.blogspot.com/

But it’s like I can’t get anything done without her clothes getting wet sometimes.. Like can’t get into town and back for a quick shop (30 min walk). 3hrs would be so so with me if her clothes were still dry! Sometimes it’s less than an hour.

Novice knitter, sewing is coming on, and doing not too badly growing own veg…while babywearing, Instagraming, cloth nappying, and toddler toddlying, oh, and preserving and decluttering and preparing for a BIG move.

I had same problem with TB Easyfits, also with FuzziBunz Elite, I just took it to mean they didn’t fit my son very well and perform well, as some people rave about them :/ As I remember they didn’t work well from the start for us, only a couple of hours tops and my son at this point was only 12 months or so, not exactly doing the huge wees he does now.
The only ones I really liked were shaped nappies under Motherease Airflow wraps. Bamboozle Stretch and LittleLamb shaped nappies under the wraps (boosted if necessary) worked very well. I have stopped using cloth nappies now though as mine were all very slow-drying bamboo and when I moved I had no garden to hang them out and drying indoors just wasn’t doable so we now use biodegradable disposables.

We use easyfits mainly and find 2-3 hours is the longest they will go, however if going out we use boosters and I think somewhere on the website it does recommend a booster as your baby gets older/ wees more. The only nappies that do not leak for us are what we use for night times, a Tots bots bamboozle, with two boosters nd a close baby outershell over the top but it leaves H with a rather large bottom smile

Mommy of a gorgeous little boy born Nov 2012

http://florenceandh.wordpress.com/ My new blog, mainly for my husband to see our adventures

I used fitters and wraps for a while but it was getting so stressful with such a wriggler at napoy changes that when I tried a new EF and it lasted 6hrs with no leaks, I switched to EF. With my first I had some EF which leaked and I sold them to get fitteds. Returned to EF on the understanding the old ones had leaked due to me bit stripping them- WRONG!
Current stash is 3wk-6m old and have been stripped etc.
So odd that they work really well for few weeks then leak!!
We use bamboozle with 1 booster plus wool soaker at night.
That was the other issue with wraps… Red marks with a variety of brands :(
I want a nappy that goes on as one piece, and doesn’t leak.. Is this the moon on a stick??

we had another issue with out easyfits because we were washing with a liquid detergent (ecover) and they smelt funny and were not as absorbent, but I do prob think that 3 hours is a max with an older child, maybe some good quality boosters for during the day and see if going down a popper will make them for any better? Hope it gets better for you as wet cloths are no fun!

Mommy of a gorgeous little boy born Nov 2012

http://florenceandh.wordpress.com/ My new blog, mainly for my husband to see our adventures

Ha! No, EF certainly do not get on well with liquid detergents. Here’s another thought… With the amount of extra rinsing they need, plus the regular strip washes, EF guzzle through lots of water and we are moving to the very dry Middle East in the new year.
Hmmmm…

See.. Just changed her after under 2.5hrs and the vest was wet. Grrrrrrr!!

Have you tried talking to The Nappy Lady? She has always been very good at giving advice to me, and she seems to recommend the bumgenius all in one nappies as the best all in ones. Don’t know about on a toddler but they last 4hrs+ on my 18 month old. If he is going to be on a long car journey or something where he will be sitting down for ages, then I will always use a two part nappy though. Another alternative may be pocket nappies because you can add boosters into the pocket with the nappy (or get extra absorbent foldable pocket inners) and at least that is all in one at changing time. Lots of people recommend little lambs but I have no experience with them. Finally I only use about a desert spoon of liquid soap in a full wash and have never stripped them. Hope there is something useful there.

I have always used kushies all in one shaped nappies. Easy to bulk out absorbancy with extra liners etc. Don’t last throughout the night so used terry nappies then but would definatley last about 4 hours during the day.
I don’t use them on littley now as I use nature baby ones because kushies come in 2 sizes. My first DS was so tiny he never needed the next size so didn’t want to buy new for a few months.
Very happy with kushies. Never stripped them or anything and have washed them in allsorts - soap nuts, liquid and powder. Never noticed any difference.
Hope you can find a cheap alternative if they are not working for you.

Mum to DD1 Aug 2000, DS1 July 2002, DS2 May 2001 and our gorgeous gift of a baby boy Aug 2011.

‘Don’t Imagine. BELIEVE’ DS1 age 7

Thanks for everyones suggestions. Speedorwinska I’m goinng to boost every nappy tomorrow and see how many leaks I get then from that think more about pockets. Will also look up Kushies realmumx4.. not come across them before and am interested in not needing to strip as I will hate using the extra water for that come next year!
Will find out oif Blueberry users find they have to strip too..

I boost my tots bots easy fits. I bought them cheAp in tesco and after 10 years of loving tots bots I think these a rubbish, they hold almost nothing wick and often smell. I currently love bum genius version 4 they are brilliant so I have some of those and use the tots when I am at home and are more likely to change more often. I make short round kids.

when life gives you a rainy day play in the puddles !!!
mum to 4 sons 13,7,4 and 2
a daughter 8 years ,
and always in my heart my angel xx

Share this with friends

Recent Posts