Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

After having gone into town especially to buy the ‘right’ size dpn’s, which they didn’t have, so i made do with circular ones, and having discovered that I needed smaller needles anyway to make the hat fit, I’ve got to give in and make this work with what i have… So, I think to use circular needles with a project that’s too small for the wire, you need to use a magic loop? Tell me it’s easy! I’ve found a tutorial and I think I get it… but not sure… Any further tips, advice?

Love, Sunshinexx

Sunshine
CARPE DIEM!

(Lets number 63)

Magic loop is great , nerve racking the first few times you do it but I now use it for hats, gloves, socks.  If you find video clips on youtube are too quick, check out knitty.com , a brilliant website that I use a lot when I need some explanation for things - knitting wise - Has lots of pictures to use, saves having to freeze the youtube videos.

Thank you for your kind words fluffydog! But this hat is not blessed. I found some pretty clear instructions, and had a go, but now it seems my circular needles is not long enough! I can’t make the two loops…  mad  So I guess it’s back to the shop tomorrow to get some dpn’s. Once this whole thing is underway. it;s a really simple hat and shouldn’t take much time at all.

Love, Sunshinexx

Sunshine
CARPE DIEM!

(Lets number 63)

Share this with friends

Recent Posts