Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hello,
my son goes to Small Acres, an alternative independent primary school in Peckham Rye. He really loves it there and has learned so much in the the last year through play, projects and in interaction with others. We were HE before starting at Small Acres and now flexi-school there. It fits seemlessly with our life learning / unschooling approach. Small Acres has full and part-time places for September 2014 for children between the ages of 4/5 and 11 and is holding a parent information evening on Sunday, 20th of July at 6.30pm. If you want to attend please send an email to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). The website is http://www.smallacresschool.org

A bit more about the school:
Imagine a school where learning is about play and exploration?At Small Acres, these two components are key to our philosophy.
From the moment the children join Small Acres, they are immersed into a democratic community; where the teachers are there to support the students in their learning, whilst at the same time creating an environment where the children interact freely and pursue their own interests through play and exploration.

At Small Acres we trust children to be self motivated and learn at their own pace and in their own way. Our aim is to support them in being the authors of their own learning, developing their full potential through their interests and passions.

We encourage children through authentic communication about the world they live in, helping them develop their skills through the questions they ask and the projects and ideas they develop.

Small Acres is a new, independent, alternative play-based school in South London, where we are creating and working within a democratic, holistic approach to education.
Our amazing location in the Peckham Rye Adventure Playground gives the children the freedom to play and explore outside with unlimited access to a large playground, the park, a nearby forest and ponds.

Feel free to contact the school or myself if you ave any questions.

Sounds amazing:) Offers the kind of balance I would have gone for if possible. We HE and the kids are very happy:) Is this school fee paying? I guess it must be. It’s not close to us but I remain interested in all alternative education.

To dare is to lose ones footing temporarily, to not dare is to lose oneself.

LETS number 137

https://wildheartseducation.wordpress.com/

Share this with friends

Recent Posts