Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parent's, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Purely out of curiosity, does your child get grumpy or feed less during your period?
One friend notices change in character and jokes about saying it’s baby pms (baby being 2) it made me wonder.. I honestly can’t tell the difference at this very moment with his teething and sleepless nights, however he is feeding allot less then usual.
Does breastmilk taste different during periods? Would our feelings/hormones come across due to the closeness of breastfeeding?
What do you think?

I think that mine noticed when it was my period, so I always suspected a change in taste or something ...

My website: http://www.uniandjack.co.uk ~ Uni and Jack ~ Rainbow bright unisex organic baby & children’s clothes  
Selling Living Crafts | Maxomorra | Engel | GEGGAMOJA | DUNS Sweden | Piccalilly | LGR organic clothes - cotton & merino ~ 10% off CROESO smile
Uni and Jack on FB ... Facebook Winter sale
jennywrenberry on Instagram

People say it does change—I don’t know if any studies have been done (?), but it does make sense that hormonal shifts would affect the taste, I think. I’m bf-ing a 2-year-old too, and I find she tends to get really mouthy/chewy during my period, though I have no explanation for that!

I often have a dip in supply during menstruation which i think certain behaviours can be attributed too. I’m bf-ing my 2 y.o too and he gets quite grouchy around this time. I feel.very touched out while bf and bleeding so i always think hes picking up on my feelings!

Share this with friends

Recent Posts