Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Shall we talk about the wonders of food?

what are you loving at the moment?

what’s for tea? For breakfast? In general?

what do you want to add to your food consumption? What do you want to minimise?

what’s making you feel.good?

food is such an integral part of our life…i really enjoy good food. And all food is good. I enjoy eating. Food for the soul might say wink

so, what are we eating tonight?

ive made vegan seed roast with coconut which smells delicious. We are having it with cumin roasted potatoes, cinnamon and maple roasted carrots (in coconut oil) lemony kale, peas, broccoli and curried cauliflower.

i am blending delicious green smoothies every morning with green things, fruity things, seedy things, spicy things and hempy things. I am making another raw vegetable juice for later in the day and eating raw vegan throughout the day, with a cooked evening meal and feeling such a lot better for it. Its amazing what happens when we really listen to what our bodies need.

ive been feeling the need for dark dark chocolate too…i had some raw chocolate last week which was delicious but i could really only manage a tiny bit at a time!

the kids are eating monkey platters continually…meals seem to be totally uninteresting at the moment and that’s cool…food is food wink

we had some vegan marshmallows which lasted all of 5 minutes! Thei favourite thing to nibble on atm seems to be frozen peas and flapjacks!

this is quite a food based ramble! Please join me!

Ohhh..I love these food threads wink
And I would love to know how you make a vegan seed loaf please too!!

I am trying very hard to do more raw, eating lots of easy salad bits cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, carrots…then I get stuck!
Have statred having macha green tea and have totally cut out dairy as of this week.

Breakfast for me is kindof museli with chia seeds, bee pollen and goji berries on the top with oat milk.

have replaced rice with pearled spelt and ahve that with home made (ish) cauliflower curry…

would love wisdom on rawness, fermented foods and alkali v acid foods and gut health

smile

ohh…and monkey platter content ideas?

Is the macha green tea blend by pukka? I love their tea blends.

seed roast

https://www.vegansociety.com/resources/recipes/gluten-free/vegetable-nut-loaf-gluten-free

but i replaced the nuts for a mixture if pumpkin, sunflower, linseed and chia seed. I also added cumin, garlic, nutmeg and desiccated coconut

raw wise, I’m eating lots of spinach and kale with radishes and grated carrot and dried fruits and seeds. I really like mixing raw veg and fruit together. Sprouted beans too go nicely. Blueberries are lovely with lettuce and cress as well.

smoothies give me a good boost so i sometimes make one later in the day too and keep it mostly veg. Broccoli is good in smoothie

monkey platters…...well! They eat a random mix of things!

my kids are not vegan, though one eats meat and no dairy and the other eats dairy and no meat!

so, they have cheese (goats often) gammon, raisins, prunes, apricots (dried) pumpkin seeds, frozen peas, breadsticks, tomatoes, raw peppers and carrot, hummus, hard boiled egg, sauerkraut, pickled gherkins….. Really….an odd mix generally!

I use hemp milk..its got a really lush taste

Our chickie birds in the garden have very kindly started laying again, so we’ve been enjoying some loverly eggs just recently ... littlest boy’s favourite at the moment is “scandalled” eggs ... ooh er wink

My website: http://www.uniandjack.co.uk ~ Uni and Jack ~ Rainbow bright unisex organic baby & children’s clothes  
Selling Living Crafts | Maxomorra | Engel | GEGGAMOJA | DUNS Sweden | Piccalilly | LGR organic clothes - cotton & merino ~ 10% off CROESO smile
Uni and Jack on FB ... Facebook Winter sale
jennywrenberry on Instagram

Id love to hear some of your concoctions for green smoothies Gem.Can you give me a few examples of things you put together?
I have a juicer and do juice when I find the time but breakfast for me is generally something leftover from the night before or something on toast(tahini,avocado,hummus).Would love to start making myself something really nutritious for breakfast.The kids generally have something like porridge or eggs on toast for breakfast.but I can never quite stomach that first thing in the morning.
The rest of the day we do pretty well however,lunch is generally leftovers (if I havnt eaten them for breakfast wink ) a large salad or soup-Ive been making some really delicious autumnal concoctions!!
Dinner time ....Well…tonight my husband made a sweet potato and coconut curry with indian style cabbage and chapattis, it was lush!
We mainly eat vegan food though we are not vegan,we eat butter and eggs and sometimes a bit of cheese (always organic) and I sometimes buy goats/cows milk though more often than not we have rice milk or coconut milk.
Mainly I love Indian,Middle Eastern,African type food which is often generally vegan .

At the moment Im loving squashes-particularly crown prince…they are so delicious roasted,almost like chestnuts!! And green things,kale Broccoli,leeks etc
And nettle and dandelion teas-(loose leaf)
Oh and I have been making kefir (with cows milk).I have a small glass of it every few days and it feels very nutritious.
Great thread!! x

Mummy to 4

That all sounds delicious mummybee.

this morning my smoothie had the following in (are you ready for this list???)

banana
apple
kiwi
blueberries
mango
avocado
spinach
kake
grated carrot
cucumber
coconut oil
turneric
root ginger
half juice of a lemon
flaxseed, pumpkin, chia & sunflower seeds
hemp milk

there was enough for my husband and for after lunch too.

Gem. - 17 November 2014 04:08 AM

That all sounds delicious mummybee.

this morning my smoothie had the following in (are you ready for this list???)

banana
apple
kiwi
blueberries
mango
avocado
spinach
kake
grated carrot
cucumber
coconut oil
turneric
root ginger
half juice of a lemon
flaxseed, pumpkin, chia & sunflower seeds
hemp milk

there was enough for my husband and for after lunch too.

Wow!! Sounds amazing.Do you juice some of the fruit/veg first? or just bblend it all? x

Mummy to 4

I just blend it all up together though i am wanting a juicer so desperately!

i also meant kale and turmeric not kake and turneric!

Gem. - 17 November 2014 09:19 PM

I just blend it all up together though i am wanting a juicer so desperately!

i also meant kale and turmeric not kake and turneric!

grin

Mummy to 4

Share this with friends

Recent Posts