Issue 92 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I’ve always been interested in crystals and have several here although I know I don’t use them to their best advantage. I keep googling stuff and coming up with such contradicting info I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of a good website (or book) that will give me all the info I need regarding crystals. I’m a bit confused regarding their uses. For eg it says that “x” crystal is good for health, but then it says that when you choose a crystal you must choose the one that you are drawn to the most. What if that doesn’t have the energies for the thing you want it to? I went in to my local lovely shop yesterday to get a stone that’s good for worry and stress. I had my list with me but those stones just weren’t what I wanted. I LOVED the look of the opal one and it it was a lovely shape and feel so I bought that one instead. Not even sure what opal is meant to be for - but now what? What would have been better? The one that is meant to help stress?? Or the one that I liked the most!?

Also, Wicca. I have read snippets about this and a lot of what it says sits strongly with how I have always lived my life… but it is totally unknown to me right now. I have, again, tried to look up stuff on google but again it is all so contradicting so no idea which sites are reliable sources of info. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The shop I go to for crystals do medium readings etc and while I was there the other day I overheard a lady asking about wicca groups and if she knew about any. The lady owner said that they would be starting there in the new year. I didn’t ask at the time as I had a wild toddler desperately wanting to take all the crystals home but I was just wondering, what happens at these sessions?

If anyone on here knows about all this I would be really grateful for a PM or for a link to a reliable website.

Thank you in advance! x

I often find crystals are like dream interpretations. What one thing means to you, could be something totally different for another. (eg. dogs in dreams traditionally represent loyalty and family… unless, of course, you’ve been bitten by a dog as a child and are now terrified of them, in which case dreaming about dogs is an entirely different experience all together! wink )

I’ve always chosen stones with a purpose in mind, thinking “I want something to carry to remind me to take a deep breath and be calm.” and then picked something that drew me to it. Handle them and pick what feels right. Or choose a colour that ‘feels’ right for the need. Don’t get too bogged down in what other people tell you they mean.

On some occasions, what I’ve picked on feeling alone has actually traditionally been associated with what I chose it for, sometimes not. You could even head to a beach and wander to find a lovely piece of sea glass or a perfectly smooth pebble. So you picked the stone that felt best to you, that you were drawn to. Best way, I think! smile (For me, opals reflect light beautifully, I always imagine them reflecting back anything negative that comes my way. They make me think of the moon and water, two things traditionally associated with emotions. So I would use them for goals to do with those. But if you had, for example, a beloved aunt who always wore an opal ring you loved, who was a total individual and lived not giving a crap what other people thought of her, opals might then represent individuality or strength of character… Or maybe the aunt died and the opals make you think of sadness and loss. No one explanation is going to be more correct than your own intuition.

Wicca groups… Be discerning. I’ve found from personal experience with pagan groups, people who start groups often do so with good intentions but often tend to be controlling and “My way is the one true right way!”.

I think the best thing you can do, if you’re early on your spiritual path is read a lot and take nothing as ‘gospel’. Take what works for you and leave what doesn’t ring true. For me, Wicca is a bit fluffy-bunny-sweetness-and-light-everything-is-awesome, rather than accepting and respectful of the darker side of life.

There are quite a few pagans here on the boards, I know I’d be willing to talk about my own views on stuff… can’t speak for anyone else though! smile

What particularly are you looking to gain from a wicca group?

Blue-haired crunchy Mama to Ru (5 yrs), Pixie Willow (3 years) and Baby Gaia (7 months).

Check out the new MamaPixie.com

MamaPixie on ETSY!

MamaPixie on FACEBOOK!

Thank you for your reply MamaPixie. I did write a big reply to you but it disappeared! I’m not particularly looking to join a wicca group. I just over heard someone asking and was interested in what happens. I’m not a group type person so it’s not something I could see myself doing. I’d just like to read up on it more that’s all.

Love the idea of the pebbles or sea glass on the beach although that’s what I don’t get. If certain minerals are meant to help with certain things how can anything work if you don’t use the correct crystals?

I find it all so fascinating though.

Skye-Blu - 14 December 2014 03:39 AM

Love the idea of the pebbles or sea glass on the beach although that’s what I don’t get. If certain minerals are meant to help with certain things how can anything work if you don’t use the correct crystals?

It depends how much faith you put into your intentions. Everyone is different. Some people will absolutely swear that you MUST use the correct stones,on the correct moon phase, when the sun is in the correct house that correlates to your goal, as well as choosing the best day for that goal, along with a whole plethora of other accoutrements, like intentionally blessed candles in the correct colour, herbs and oils etc…

Some people, like myself, prefer to go on intuition mainly. This *feels* right. Example: Roses are a symbol of love and traditionally have ties to romantic love. Roses make me think of my mother, so not love, but hurt. The link to love means nothing if I don’t believe in it.

So, if your child gave you a piece of sea glass or a special pebble they’d found, telling you it was going to make you feel better, that (to me) would be far more useful and powerful than a piece of anything else.

They mean what you want them to mean. Pick a stone that attracts you, and have a meditation session, imbuing it with the feelings, intent, purpose and images YOU want.

Blue-haired crunchy Mama to Ru (5 yrs), Pixie Willow (3 years) and Baby Gaia (7 months).

Check out the new MamaPixie.com

MamaPixie on ETSY!

MamaPixie on FACEBOOK!

Share this with friends

Recent Posts