Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Part of getting organised this year I am desperately trying to think of a couple of weeks worth of meals I can change about, as if I do the same meals over and over no-one will eat them, we also have a lot of allergies the latest being dd can’t eat oats!!  No porridge!!!

So, I am quite stuck, also feeling ill so not the best time to do this and thought I would reach out for ideas to you guys xx

We are vegetarian, mainly dairy free, nut free household (I also don’t eat wheat and neither dd or I eat oats but they can be substituted wink )  any ideas for my fussy, allergy riddled rabble?

Thank you in advance smile
sarie

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.

LETS number 64

Will yours eat curries, veg stews, tagines?

Crunchy hippy vegan mama to four gorgeous boys. Formerly known as bettywobble smile

Blogging again at http://lilpidgesblogspot.blogspot.co.uk/

The bosom of the Mother is the natural pillow of her offspring.

No, I love that sort of meal and grew up on them but alas my kids are like their Dad… infact he is more fussy!

LETS number 64

sarie - 28 December 2014 02:43 AM

No, I love that sort of meal and grew up on them but alas my kids are like their Dad… infact he is more fussy!

Mine too wink I still make them though, I am mean! I use “veggie cooking without” a lot, and “the mystic cookfire” for recipes, but they are more stews, curries and tagines. I did use the netmums budget veggie meal planner for a while, which meant that I wasn’t repeating meals all the time, because my kids also get bored easily. Will try find a link.

http://www.netmums.com/family-food/meal-planner/filled-in-meal-planners

Scroll down and it should be there (hopefully lol).,

ETA: I substituted dairy things for dairy-free, wheat flour for gf etc, as I would do normally. HTH smile

Crunchy hippy vegan mama to four gorgeous boys. Formerly known as bettywobble smile

Blogging again at http://lilpidgesblogspot.blogspot.co.uk/

The bosom of the Mother is the natural pillow of her offspring.

Thank you, will check it out later smile

Have been contemplating Mystic cookfirefor a while but I was not sure if there would be enough in it to warrant the price

LETS number 64

Baked potatoes? I like sweet pots roasted with honey.

homemade beans on gf toast

gf falafels and rice

do you guys eat eggs? Omelettes, scrambled egg and roasted veg

root veg crumble…without oats and gf flour and vegan marg instead of butter

Home made pizza? (I use spelt for base using basic bread recipe)
Oven-baked home made potato/sweet potato chips?

Share this with friends

Recent Posts