Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

I’m 36 weeks pregnant with my third and have just found out this baby is breech. I just want to scream to be honest because I totally don’t have the head space for this at the moment. Anyway have got acupuncture booked in, have looked on spinning babies, have appointment at the hospital to try to turn the baby next week and Dr has told me of various yoga poses to try and to talk to the baby (for a swiss Dr shes incredibly ‘alternative’). She’s said I can switch hospital and try for a natural delivery but that would be in a different hospital etc. And with a different Dr.

Has anyone had a breech delivery? A planned one I mean?

Any other suggests for getting baby to turn?

Hi
No advice I’m afraid, hopefully some of the other mamas can help you. Just one thing I heard is that as it is your third baby there is going to be more stretch in there than there was for the first one, meaning that there is still time and space for the little one to flip over, very best of luck and don’t give up hope too soon
Hugs
Gill
x

Just to let you know that I successfully had my baby turned by a midwife.
She did then turn herself round again, but that is another story, and was because I was the size of a whale with masses of excess fluid - she’s a great swimmer now though smile
Anyway, wanted to let you know that it is possible, and to say good luck xx

My website: http://www.uniandjack.co.uk ~ Uni and Jack ~ Rainbow bright unisex organic baby & children’s clothes  
Selling Living Crafts | Maxomorra | Engel | GEGGAMOJA | DUNS Sweden | Piccalilly | LGR organic clothes - cotton & merino ~ 10% off CROESO smile
Uni and Jack on FB ... Facebook Winter sale
jennywrenberry on Instagram

Ds2 was breech until a couple of weeks before due date. He turned as I was walking into the village and it took me a day to recover. I had a consultants appointment and when I walked into the room to be scanned she immediately said the baby was breech and was totally shocked when I was scanned to find that wasn’t the case. She was very experienced too.

There is still a little time left smile I hope all goes well for you smile

Thanks ladies. So today I had acupuncurr and I have another appointment on Monday, I have ecv booked for Tuesday morning and I’m spending quite a bit of time sort of upside down each day. I just hope this baby listens because it will be best for everyone s/he turns. They are super cautious in Switzerland so I was quite surprised when my Dr said we could consider a breech vaginal delivery if I go to a different hospital…but I just don’t know anyone that’s done it! Keep telling myself we have plenty of time. And it’s lucky husband is currently out of work so can dedicate lots of time to trying to turn the baby!

Not breech but my little boy was transverse right up till about 38wks! Frightened the life out of me! Was having an elective c/s anyway but was worried about going into labour naturally. But I was told it’s quite normal for 3rd babies to not get into position till the last minute because there’s more room in there.

Yes I also spent half my life hanging upside down!! Hope baby turns soon! xxxx

Just wondering how you are doing Swissmummy? Sending positive thoughts your way xx

My website: http://www.uniandjack.co.uk ~ Uni and Jack ~ Rainbow bright unisex organic baby & children’s clothes  
Selling Living Crafts | Maxomorra | Engel | GEGGAMOJA | DUNS Sweden | Piccalilly | LGR organic clothes - cotton & merino ~ 10% off CROESO smile
Uni and Jack on FB ... Facebook Winter sale
jennywrenberry on Instagram

Share this with friends

Recent Posts