Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Anyone follow these principles when gardening?And how do you find it compares to regular gardening?Can you recommend any good books on these subjects?or websites?Thanks.x

Mummy to 4

I try to, and set up my veg patch in a horse paddock by using the no-dig mulching principles set out by Patrick Whitefield - it was cheap, easy and saved a lot of back breaking work whilst ensuring the soil was in the best of health. I recommend his book ‘Permaculture in a Nutshell’, and also the Permaculture Magazine website - loads of info and really good ideas on there smile 

I also picked up a lot of tips when I went to the Off-Grid festival a couple of years ago - we’re going to the Green Gathering for the first time this year!!  LOL

Trying to do everything - failing madly!

Being constantly & lovingly educated by daughter Freya, 19 cheese

Thanks Crystalmummy,sounds good.Oh and I LOVE the green gathering.Havnt been for about 8 years but we used to go every year before that.Must make an effort to go again,its such a lovely festival!! x

Mummy to 4

Good to know it’s the kind of festie that has that kind of effect on people smile  We’re looking forward to it so much and keep looking on the website in excitement!

Trying to do everything - failing madly!

Being constantly & lovingly educated by daughter Freya, 19 cheese

Share this with friends

Recent Posts