Issue 90 is out now

Welcome to The Green Parent Forum

A place where you can chat to like-minded parents, form new friendships, share ideas, events and recipes. Use the search tool to find a wealth of information from the past 10 years of forum discussions. Register today and become part of our supportive community.

Hello,

We have started using soap nuts for the washing. So far I am really pleased, but I do find they don’t always get stains out. Not a problem with dark clothes, but some light cloths or bedding is coming out stained. So does anyone have any recommendations? can I pre-soak in something, or are there any eco stain removers out there? I don’t necessarily want to leave things on the line for a long time, as we live on a building site at the moment and there can be allot of dust.

Thanks!

Maybe make sure the load has fresh soapnuts in, possibly a couple more and if that doesn’t work I use an oxygen cleaner which is powder you add to the drawer.  I bought it from amazon, it’s called Purezone - oxygen whitener.  But it actually cleans deeper because of the oxygen.

Hope that helps x
sarie

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children.

LETS number 64

Share this with friends

Recent Posts